2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-137 - Out-of-state purchases.
§ 5-137. Out-of-state purchases.
(a) Requirements for purchase.- A person who seeks to own a regulated firearm and purchases the regulated firearm from an out-of-state federally licensed gun importer, manufacturer, or dealer shall:
(1) have the federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer ship the regulated firearm to a licensee for processing; and
(2) comply with §§ 5-103, 5-104, 5-117 through 5-129, and 5-136 of this subtitle.
(b) Waiver of requirements.- If a person purchases a regulated firearm for use within the scope of the person's official duties, the Secretary may waive the 7-day waiting period under § 5-124 of this subtitle for:
(1) law enforcement personnel of any unit of the federal government;
(2) members of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard; or
(3) law enforcement personnel of the State or any local agency in the State.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 445A; 2003, ch. 5, § 2; ch. 21, § 7.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.