2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-119 - Exemption from certified firearms training course requirement.
§ 5-119. Exemption from certified firearms training course requirement.
A firearm applicant is not required to complete a certified firearms training course required under §§ 5-118 and 5-134 of this subtitle if the firearm applicant:
(1) has already completed a certified firearms training course required under §§ 5-118 and 5-134 of this subtitle;
(2) is a law enforcement officer of the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State;
(3) is a member, retired member, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard;
(4) is a member of an organization that is required by federal law governing its specific business or activity to maintain handguns and applicable ammunition; or
(5) holds a permit to carry a handgun under Subtitle 3 of this title.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 442(h-1); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.