2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 3 - KINDS OF INSURERS
Subtitle 3 - Surplus Lines Insurance
Section 3-325 - Report of premium receipts and payment of tax.
§ 3-325. Report of premium receipts and payment of tax.
(a) In general.- On or before March 15 and September 15 of each year, each surplus lines broker shall:
(1) file with the Commissioner a semiannual statement that reports on business subject to tax during the preceding half calendar year; and
(2) pay to the Commissioner the total amount of tax imposed by § 3-324 of this subtitle and appearing on the semiannual statement filed under this section.
(b) Form and contents of report.- The semiannual statement shall be verified in the manner that the Commissioner requires and contain the following information:
(1) the gross amount of each kind of insurance business transacted and the total gross premiums charged;
(2) the total returned premiums and taxes paid to insureds;
(3) the total net premiums; and
(4) any additional information that the Commissioner reasonably requires.
(c) Open to public inspection.- Each semiannual statement shall be open to public inspection.
(d) Credit for examination expenses.- A surplus lines broker may credit any examination expense paid or assessed under § 2-208 of this article against the premium receipts tax due.
(e) Application of Title 6, Subtitle 1.- With respect to a penalty that has become final, a surplus lines broker is subject to the provisions of Title 6, Subtitle 1 of this article relating to penalties, interest, audits, assessments, limitations, appeals, and refunds.
[An. Code 1957, art. 48A, § 195; 1995, ch. 36; 1996, ch. 60; 1998, ch. 751.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.