2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 7 - PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
Section 7-110 - Use of school property for other than school purposes - Charges for use and liability for damages.
§ 7-110. Use of school property for other than school purposes - Charges for use and liability for damages.
(a) Reasonable charge.-
(1) A reasonable charge for heating, lighting, and janitorial services for use of public school facilities under §§ 7-108 and 7-109 of this subtitle may be made.
(2) Charges for commercial use of surplus school space may include rent and recovery of capital costs, in addition to those items in paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(b) Liability for damages.-
(1) The person who applies for the use of school facilities shall be responsible for all damage to the property, other than ordinary wear and tear.
(2) If the person does not pay for damages to the property, the county board may refuse any other application by that person for the use of the property until the damage is repaired without expense to the county board.
(c) Leaving facilities in same condition.-
(1) The person who applies for the use of school facilities shall leave the facilities after their use as clean as they were before the use.
(2) If the person does not leave the facilities as clean as they were before the use, the county board may refuse to allow the person to use the facilities again.
[An. Code 1957, art. 77, § 98; 1978, ch. 22, § 2; 1984, ch. 696.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.