2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 7 - PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
Section 7-106 - Textbooks, materials of instruction, and supplies.
§ 7-106. Textbooks, materials of instruction, and supplies.
(a) Selection and purchase of school materials.- On the recommendation of the county superintendent and subject to the provisions of this article, each county board shall adopt procedures for the selection and purchase of the following necessary items, at the lowest price consistent with good quality, for use in the public schools:
(2) Supplementary readers;
(3) Materials of instruction;
(4) Visual and auditory aids;
(5) Stationery; and
(6) School supplies.
(b) Purchase of books and other materials concerning African American history.-
(1) Each county board shall adopt procedures for the selection and purchase for use in each public school library or media center of a collection of books and auditory and visual materials concerning African American history.
(2) The collection in each library or media center shall be appropriate for students in each age group and reading level in the school.
(c) Materials to be furnished free of charge and in sufficient quantities.- Each county board shall furnish the materials and supplies listed in subsection (a) of this section:
(1) Free of cost for use in the public schools; and
(2) In sufficient quantities for the different grades in the public schools.
[An. Code 1957, art. 77, § 79; 1978, ch. 22, § 2; 1986, ch. 571; 1992, ch. 290.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.