2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 6 - CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY
Subtitle 4 - Trespass
Section 6-405 - Use of an off-road vehicle on public property.
§ 6-405. Use of an off-road vehicle on public property.
(a) "Political subdivision" defined.- In this section, "political subdivision" includes a:
(2) municipal corporation;
(3) bicounty or multicounty agency;
(4) county board of education;
(5) public authority; or
(6) special taxing district.
(b) Scope of section.- This section does not apply to:
(1) a vessel;
(2) a military, fire, or law enforcement vehicle;
(3) a farm-type tractor, other agricultural equipment used for agricultural purposes, or construction equipment used for agricultural purposes or earth moving;
(4) earth-moving or construction equipment used for those purposes; or
(5) a lawn mower, snowblower, garden or lawn tractor, or golf cart while being used for its designed purpose.
(c) Prohibited.- Except as otherwise allowed by law, a person may not use an off-road vehicle on property known by the person to be owned or leased by the State or a political subdivision.
(d) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 90 days or a fine not exceeding $500 or both.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, §§ 576(c)(2), 577(a)(4), (b); 2002, ch. 26, § 2; 2003, ch. 21, § 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.