2020 Louisiana Laws
Title 15 - Criminal Procedure
CHAPTER 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ANCILLARIES CODE
- §21. Repealed by Acts 1983, No. 609, §1.
- §22. Repealed by Acts 1992, No. 315, §1, eff. June 17, 1992.
TITLE III. THE CORONER AND OTHER OFFICERS
- §30. Returns
- §31. Confiscation and destruction of gambling devices
- §31.1. Antique slot machines
- §32. Disposition of money used as evidence in criminal cases
- §33. Confiscation and destruction of criminal instruments
TITLE IV. SEARCH WARRANTS
- §41. Disposition of property seized in connection with criminal proceedings
- §42. News media, restrictions on search warrants
- §43. Attorneys; restrictions on search warrants
TITLE V. ARREST (BLANK) CODE TITLE VI. EXTRADITION (BLANK) CODE TITLE VII. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION (BLANK) CODE TITLE VIII. BAIL
- §81. Bond for release for violation of municipal ordinances; parole or release of prisoners; penalty
- §82. Guaranteed arrest bond certificates as cash bail; forfeiture; sureties
- §83. Bail bond contracts
- §84. REPEALED BY ACTS 1993, NO. 834, §6, EFF. JUNE 22, 1993.
- §85. Failure to satisfy judgment of bond forfeiture
- §85.1. Posting of criminal bond; fee assessed
- §85.2. Posting of criminal bonds in parishes of Iberia, St. Mary, and St. Martin; fee assessed
- §85.3. Posting of criminal bonds; Denham Springs Marshal's Office; additional fee assessed
- § 85.4. Posting of criminal bonds; Baton Rouge City Constable's Office; additional fee assessed
- §86. Forfeiture of cash, checks, or securities and discharge of the bail undertaking
- §86.1. Unclaimed bail bonds; disposition; return to owner
- §86.2. City Court of Thibodaux; unclaimed bail bonds; disposition; return to owner
- §86.3. City courts: unclaimed bail bonds; disposition; return to owner
- §87. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 914, §5.
- §88. Appearance bond defined
- §89. Prescription of forfeiture judgment; revival; prescription by limitation of prosecution
TITLE IX. HABEAS CORPUS (BLANK) CODE TITLE X. INSTITUTING CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS (BLANK) CODE TITLE XI. QUALIFICATIONS AND SELECTION OF GRAND AND PETIT JURORS
- §111. Parish of Orleans; salary of jury commissioners; vacancy; appointment of secretary
- §112. Parish of Orleans; process servers
- §113. Duty of Orleans registrar to furnish jury commission lists of voters added to or deleted from rolls
- §114. Repealed by Acts 2016, No. 389, §2.
- §115. Service of jury commission process; general rule
- §116. Preparation of general venire list; assistance
- §117. Discharge of grand jury; review of discharge by supreme court
TITLE XII. THE GRAND JURY
TITLE XIV. RIGHT TO COUNSEL
PART I. INDIGENT DEFENDER REPRESENTATION
- §141. Short title
- §142. Legislative findings
- §143. Definitions
- §144. Repealed by Acts 2007, No. 307, §11.
- §145. Repealed by Acts 2007, No. 307, §11.
- §145.1. Repealed by Acts 2007, No. 307, §11.
- §146. Louisiana Public Defender Board
- §147. Powers, duties, responsibilities
- §148. Rulemaking; considerations in developing rules
- §149. Authority of supreme court not affected
- §149.1. Domicile of board; venue
- §149.2. Offices; meetings
- §150. Executive staff for board; general qualifications
- §151. Quorum; compensation; officers; records
- §152. State public defender; qualifications; powers and duties; salary
- §153. Deputy public defender-director of training; qualifications; duties
- §154. Deputy public defender-director of juvenile defender services; qualifications; duties
- §155. Budget officer; qualifications; duties
- §156. Information technology and management officer; qualifications; duties
- §157. Trial-level compliance officer
- §158. Juvenile justice compliance officer
- §159. Public defender service regions
- §160. Regional director for service regions; qualifications; duties; selection process
- §161. District public defender; powers; duties; accounting; audit reporting; existing chief indigent defenders continued; establishment of district office
- §162. Vacancies in position of district public defender; formation of district public defender selection committee; powers and duties of committee; process for filling vacancy for district public defender; interim district public defender
- §162.1. District public defender advisory boards
- §163. Regionalization of district public defender services by board
- §164. Regional defense service centers
- §165. Methods of delivery of public defender services; selection of methods; emergency circumstances
- §166. Disbursement of funds
- §167. Louisiana Public Defender Fund
NOTE: See Acts 2020, No. 110, §6, about the provisions of the Act ceasing to be effective on July 1, 2022.
- §168. Judicial district indigent defender fund
- §169. Representation of capital defendants
- §170. Disciplinary action; sanctions of regional directors and district public defenders; just cause; hearing
- §171. (Reserved).
- §172. (Reserved).
- §173. Right of action not created
- §174. Special reporting requirements; penalties
- §175. Proceedings to determine indigency
- §176. Partial reimbursement by indigents
- §177. (Reserved)
- §178. Appointment of appellate and post-conviction counsel in death penalty case
- §179. Appointment of counsel at parole revocation and prerevocation hearings
- §180. Special reporting requirements
- §181. Limited effect
- §182. Limited effect in capital cases
- §183. Effect of signing of pleadings
- §184. (Reserved)
- §571.11. Dispositions of fines and forfeitures
- §571.12. Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children to receive fines
- §571.13. Supervised release of parish prisoners; rules of conduct; revocation
- §571.14. Repealed by Acts 1991, No. 138, §3.
PART II. INDIGENT PARENT REPRESENTATION
- §185.1. Purpose
- §185.2. Definitions
- §185.3. Indigent Parents' Representation Program; duties of the board; subject to appropriation
- §185.4. Standards and guidelines for representation of indigent parents; rulemaking
- §185.5. Repealed by Acts 2018, No. 612, §22, eff. July 1, 2020.
- §185.6. Special reporting requirements; indigent parent representation cases; penalties
- §185.7. Rights of action; interpretation of Part
- §185.8. Auditing; district reporting
- §185.9. Implementation of indigent parent representation program; timeline
PART III. REPRESENTATION OF CHILDREN IN CUSTODY
- §186.1. Purpose
- §186.2. Definitions
- §186.3. Safe Return Representation Program; duties of the board; subject to appropriations
- §186.4. Standards and guidelines for representation of indigent children in custody; rulemaking
- §186.5. Safe Return Representation Program Fund
- §186.6. Implementation of Safe Return Representation Fund
TITLE XVIII. DOUBLE JEOPARDY (BLANK) CODE TITLE XIX. JURISDICTION AND VENUE
TITLE XX. CHANGE OF VENUE (BLANK) CODE TITLE XXI. INSANITY PROCEEDINGS
- §211. Procedures in handling defendants committed to mental institutions because of lack of capacity to stand trial
TITLE XXII. RECUSATION OF JUDGES AND DISTRICT ATTORNEYS
TITLE XXIV. PROCEDURES PRIOR TO TRIAL
- §241. Medical, psychological, psychiatric examination of certain victims under age eighteen; polygraph examinations; prohibition
- §242. Pretrial diversion for driving while intoxicated; reporting
- §243. Buyer Beware Program; post-conviction program for offenders; pre-trial diversion program for defendants; individuals engaged in the purchase of sexual activity and solicitation of prostitutes
- §244. Military pretrial diversion program
TITLE XXIII. DISMISSAL OF PROSECUTION (BLANK) CODE TITLE XXIV. PROCEDURES PRIOR TO TRIAL (BLANK) CODE TITLE XXV. COMPULSORY PROCESS
- §251. Blank
- §252. Witnesses' fees and mileage
- §253. Witnesses not residents of parish
- §254. Sheriffs, jurors and law enforcement officers not entitled to witness fees
- §254.1. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; City Court of New Iberia
- §254.2. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; Fifteenth Judicial District Court, Lafayette Parish
- §254.3. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; City Court of Lafayette
- §254.4. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; Twenty-Seventh Judicial District Court, St. Landry Parish
- §254.5. Plans for witness fees to off-duty law enforcement officers; Ascension Parish
- §254.6. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; mayor's court, town of Welsh
- §254.7. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; City Court of East St. Tammany
- §254.8. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; mayor's court, town of Vinton
- §254.9. Compensation of off-duty law enforcement officers; parish of Plaquemines
- §255. Witness fees to off-duty law enforcement officers
- §255.1. Witness fees to retired or former law enforcement officers
- §256. Fees where more than one case on same day
- §257. Placing material witness under bond; exception for victims
- §257.1. Exception for material witness warrants for victims of sex offenses and intimate partner violence; legislative intent
- §258. Taking deposition of witness imprisoned in default of bond
- §259. Admissibility of depositions taken in jail
- §260. Production of certain records of a victim; conditions
- §261. Disposition of witness or appearance fees for off-duty law enforcement officers
- §262. Repealed by Acts 2009, No. 263, §4.
TITLE XXVI. TRIAL PROCEDURE
- §270. Interpreters for deaf or severely hearing-impaired persons
- §271. Plea of not guilty; burden of proof
- §272. Order for substitution of certified copy of missing document
- §273. Right of accused to be confronted with witnesses
- §274. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §275. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §276. Self-incrimination of witness
- §277. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §278. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §279. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §280. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §281. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §282. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §283. Protected person; testimony taken outside courtroom
- §284. Facility dogs; use in court; procedure
TITLE XXVII. PRESENCE OF DEFENDANT (BLANK) CODE TITLE XXVIII. BILL OF EXCEPTIONS
TITLE XXIX. MOTIONS FOR NEW TRIAL AND IN ARREST OF JUDGMENT (BLANK) CODE TITLE XXX. SENTENCE
- §301. Remittance of fine or imprisonment
- §301.1. Sentences without benefit of probation, parole, or suspension of sentence; correction
- §302. Sentences to prison districts; persons excluded
- §303. Maximum fine or imprisonment when not specified
- §304. Expenses to be paid by parishes; juror's fee in city of New Orleans
- §305. Probation in neglect of family cases
- §306. Operating a vehicle while intoxicated; additional conditions of probation; ignition interlock devices
- §307. Ignition interlock devices; installation and certification
- §308. Ameliorative penalty provisions; retroactivity; amendment of sentence; time limitations
CHAPTER 1-A. LOUISIANA SENTENCING COMMISSION
- §321. Purpose; duties of the commission; conducting of evaluation of sentencing structure; report
- §322. Louisiana Sentencing Commission
- §323. Composition of commission
- §324. Officers; meetings; staff
CHAPTER 1-B. SENTENCING POLICY: USE OF RISK AND NEEDS ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION TOOL
- §325. Twenty-Second Judicial District Court; sentencing policy
- §326. Administration of presentence investigation assessment tool and evaluation report
- §327. Use of assessment tool and report
- §328. Repealed by Acts 1995, No. 942, §3.
- §329. Repealed by Acts 1995, No. 942, §3.
CHAPTER 2. EVIDENCE
PART I. THINGS THAT NEED NOT BE PROVED -- PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE -- PRESUMPTIONS
- §422. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §423. Proof of registration of physicians and surgeons
- §424. Statute law of other states
- §425. Recitals in report of lunacy commissions
- §426. Proof of signature of articles of vessels
- §427. Recitals in act of protest of commercial paper
- §428. Dishonored checks and drafts prima facie evidence of insufficient funds in bank
- §429. Corporate existence presumed unless affidavit of denial filed before trial
- §430. Proof of truth of recitals in copy of registry of birth, baptism or circumcision
- §430.1. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §431. Theft by public officer
- §432. Effect of legal presumptions; rebutting evidence; illustrations
- §433. Conclusive presumption defined; illustration
PART II. GENERAL RULES OF EVIDENCE
SUBPART I. GENERAL
- §434. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §435. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §436. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §436.1. Photographs of objects of theft; affidavit of value and ownership; notice to defendant
- §436.2. Photographs of animals cruelly treated; affidavit of condition; notice to defendant
- §437. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §438. Circumstantial evidence
- §439. Burden of proof
- §440. Relative weight of positive and negative testimony
SUBPART II. ELECTRONIC RECORDING: PROTECTED PERSONS
- §440.1. Purpose
- §440.2. Authorization
- §440.3. Videotape; admissibility; exception to hearsay rule
- §440.4. Method of recording videotape; competency
- §440.5. Admissibility of videotaped statements; discovery by defendant
- §440.6. Confidentiality
PART III. RELEVANCY
- §441. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §441.1. DNA, blood, and saliva testing; relevance
- §442. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §443. Prosecutions for defamation
PART IV. KNOWLEDGE AND INTENT
- §444. Proof of intent unnecessary in statutory crimes; inadmissible evidence
- §445. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §446. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
PART V. RES GESTAE (REPEALED)
- §447. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §448. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
PART VI. ADMISSIONS AND CONFESSIONS
- §449. Applicability
- §450. Use of confession, admission or declaration in entirety
- §451. Condition precedent to use of confession; free and voluntary rule
- §452. Rights of arrested person as to confession
- §453. Confessions obtained by questions and answers
- §454. Inapplicability of free and voluntary rule to admissions not involving criminal intent
- §455. Effect of declarations and acts of coconspirators
PART VII. DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE
- §456. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §457. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §458. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §459. Use of records or documents of trial court as evidence
- §460. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §460.1. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
PART VIII. COMPETENCY OF WITNESSES
- §461. Repealed by Acts 1992, No. 376, §6, eff. Jan 1, 1993.
- §462. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §463. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §464. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §465. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §466. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §467. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §468. Duty to testify as to bribery or corruptly influencing voters; immunity
- §469. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §469.1. Receipt of testimony from victims of certain crimes who are fifteen years of age or younger; closed session of court or in chambers; procedure
- §470. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §471. Grand jurors and district attorneys incompetent to testify as to grand jury proceedings; perjury cases
- §472. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §473. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §474. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §475. Repealed by Acts 1992, No. 376, §6, eff. Jan. 1, 1993.
- §476. Repealed by Acts 1992, No. 376, §6, eff. Jan. 1, 1993.
- §477. Repealed by Acts 1992, No. 376, §6, eff. Jan. 1, 1993.
- §477.1. Privileged communications to "crime stoppers" organizations
- §477.2. Privileged communications; public records exception for state governmental agencies; citizens hotline for alleged fraud, abuse, or wrongdoing
- §478. Repealed by Acts 1992, No. 376, §6, eff. Jan. 1, 1993.
PART IX. CHARACTER EVIDENCE (REPEALED)
- §479. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §480. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §481. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §482. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §483. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
PART X. IMPEACHING AND CORROBORATIVE EVIDENCE (REPEALED)
- §484. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §485. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §486. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §487. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §488. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §489. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §490. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §491. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §492. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §493. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §494. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §495. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §496. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §497. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
- §498. Repealed by Acts 1988, No. 515, §8., eff. Jan. 1, 1989.
PART XI. EVIDENCE FROM CRIMINALISTICS LABORATORIES
- §499. Certificates of analysis
- §500. Admissibility
- §501. Notice of opposing party and opportunity to cross-examine expert; certification of subpoena request
- §502. Testimony by simultaneous broadcast
PART XII. COURT REPORTERS, NOTES AND RECORDINGS
PART XIII. CERTIFICATES OF OFFICIAL DRIVING RECORDS
- §521. Certificates of official driving records
- §522. Admissibility
- §523. Notice of opposing party and opportunity to cross-examine expert; certification of subpoena request
CHAPTER 3. HABITUAL OFFENDER LAW
- §529.1. Sentences for second and subsequent offenses; certificate of warden or clerk of court in the state of Louisiana as evidence
- §529.2. Intensive parole supervision for certain habitual offenders
CHAPTER 3-A. SEXUAL OFFENDER LAW
- §535. Blood and saliva testing; AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases; victim's testing and services
- §536. Definitions
- §537. Sentencing of sexual offenders; serial sexual offenders
- §538. Conditions of probation, parole, and suspension or diminution of sentence
- §539. Notification by school superintendents of allegations of the commission of a sex offense
- §539.1. Forfeited property related to certain sex crimes; exempt property; allocation of forfeited property
- §539.2. Exploited Children's Special Fund
- §539.3. Mandatory restitution
- §539.4. Fines related to solicitation of prostitutes and purchase of commercial sexual activity
CHAPTER 3-B. REGISTRATION OF SEX OFFENDERS, SEXUALLY VIOLENT PREDATORS, AND CHILD PREDATORS
- §540. Findings; purpose
- §541. Definitions
- §541.1. Posting of the National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline; content; languages; notice; civil penalty
- §542. Registration of sex offenders and child predators
- §542.1. Notification of sex offenders and child predators
- §542.1.1. In-person periodic renewal of registration by offenders
- §542.1.2. Duty of offenders to notify law enforcement of change of address, residence, or other registration information
- §542.1.3. Procedures for offenders convicted or adjudicated under the laws of another state, or military, territorial, foreign, tribal, or federal law; procedures for Louisiana offenders with out-of-state activities
- §542.1.4. Failure to register and notify as a sex offender or child predator; penalties
- §542.1.5. State Sex Offender and Child Predator Registry; duties of the Louisiana Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information
- §542.1.6. Repealed by Acts 2009, No. 205, §2.
- §542.1.7. Court records; disclosure
- §543. Duties of the courts, sheriffs, and the Department of Public Safety and Corrections and the office of juvenile justice; informing the offender of the registration and notification requirements
- §543.1. Written notification by the courts; form to be used
- §543.2. Sex offenders; emergency situations
- §544. Duration of registration and notification period
- §544.1. Petitions for injunctive relief or declaratory judgments
- §544.2. Registration and notification period end date; determination; procedures
- §545. Duty of law enforcement
- §545.1. Duty of interactive computer service
- §546. Release of information
- §547. Committee on parole
- §548. Dissemination policy
- §549. Notification of release or escape of inmate
- §550. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 2, §1.
- §551. Harboring or concealing a sexual offender, sexually violent predator, or child predator; penalties
- §552. Sexual Predator Apprehension Team
- §553. Prohibition of employment for certain sex offenders
CHAPTER 3-C. LOUISIANA SEXUAL ASSAULT OVERSIGHT COMMISSION
- §555. Louisiana Sexual Assault Oversight Commission; creation; membership; meetings
- §556. Duties of the commission
CHAPTER 3-D. SEX OFFENDER ASSESSMENT PANELS
- §560. Legislative findings
- §560.1. Definitions
- §560.2. Louisiana Sex Offender Assessment Panel
- §560.3. Effects of determination of status as a sexually violent predator or as a child sexual predator; lifetime registration; notification
- §560.4. Electronic monitoring of sexually violent predators or child sexual predators
- §560.5. Appeal of decision
- §560.6. Rights of action
CHAPTER 3-E. SUPERVISED RELEASE OF SEX OFFENDERS
- §561. Legislative findings
- §561.1. Applicability
- §561.2. Supervised release upon expiration of sentence
- §561.3. Supervised release; division of probation and parole
- §561.4. Duty to inform offender
- §561.5. Conditions of supervised release
- §561.6. Adoption of rules
- §561.7. Failure to comply with provisions of supervised release
CHAPTER 3-F. REGISTRATION OF PERSONS WHO COMMIT OFFENSES INVOLVING ARSON
- §562. Findings; purpose
- §562.1. Definitions
- §562.2. Powers and duties of state fire marshal
- §562.3. Registration of arson offenders
- §562.4. Duty of offenders to notify law enforcement of change of address, residence, or other registration information
- §562.5. Failure to register; penalties
- §562.6. Duration of registration and notification period
CHAPTER 4. EXECUTION OF SENTENCE
PART I. IN GENERAL
- §565. Duty of sheriff
- §566. Pendency of appeal, payments; delivery to penitentiary
- §566.1. Repealed by Acts 1966, No. 310, §5, eff. Jan. 1, 1967.
- §566.2. Commencing of sentence to state penitentiary
PART II. CAPITAL CASES
- §567. Conditions precedent to execution
- §567.1. Mental incompetence to proceed to execution
- §568. Execution of death sentence; prior confinement of offender
- §569. Place for execution of death sentence; manner of execution
- §569.1. Hours for execution of death sentence
- §570. Execution; officials and witnesses; minors excluded; time of execution; notice to victim's relatives
- §571. Proces verbal of execution; attesting and filing
PART III. OTHER CASES (REPEALED)
PART IV. DIMINUTION AND COMMUTATION OF SENTENCE FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR
- §571.3. Diminution of sentence for good behavior
- §571.4. Forfeiture of diminution of sentence
- §571.5. Supervision upon release after diminution of sentence for good behavior; conditions of release; revocation
- §571.6. Repealed by Acts 2011, No. 186, §4.
- §571.7. Supervision upon release from parish prison after diminution of sentence for good behavior; conditions of release; revocation
- §571.8. Repealed by Acts 2011, No. 186, §4.
- §571.9. Repealed by Acts 1991, No. 138, §3.
- §571.10. Repealed by Acts 1991, No. 138, §3.
PART V. VENUE FOR ACTIONS CONTESTING COMPUTATION OF SENTENCE, DISCHARGE, PAROLE, GOOD TIME DATES
PART VI. PROBATION AND PAROLE MANAGEMENT
- §571.20. Repealed by Acts 2001, No. 609, §1.
- §571.21. Deposit of fees and assessments
- §571.22. Limitation of liability; release of information
PART VII. INCARCERATION ALTERNATIVES
- §571.31. Alternatives to traditional imprisonment; findings; purposes
- §571.32. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 2, §1.
- §571.33. Extension or alteration of pilot; approval of the budget committee; statewide implementation
- §571.34. Alternative to traditional imprisonment; prisoners who are elderly or infirm
- §571.35. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 2, §1.
- §571.35.1. Lafourche Parish Pretrial Home Incarceration Program; electronic monitoring
- §571.36. Electronic monitoring equipment
PART VIII. JOB INTERVENTION PROGRAMS
- §571.41. Purpose
- §571.42. Definitions
- §571.43. Job intervention programs
- §571.44. Stipulations; advice by court
- §571.45. Probation agreement
- §571.46. Probation
- §571.47. Employer participation; report
- §571.48. Successful completion: effects
- §571.49. Discharge and dismissal; effects
- §571.50. Written guidelines
- §571.51. Evaluation of program effectiveness
- §571.52. Record of participation
PART IX. POST-RELEASE FACILITIES
- §571.61. Post-Release Facilities pilot program; legislative findings; establishment; rules promulgation; reporting
CHAPTER 5. REPRIEVE, PARDON, AND PAROLE
PART I. REPRIEVE AND PARDON
- §572. Powers of governor to grant reprieves and pardons; automatic pardon for first offender; payment of court costs required
- §572.1. Board of Pardons; membership; domicile; session; quorum
- §572.2. Repealed by Acts 2012, No. 714, §3.
- §572.3. Powers of the board
- §572.4. Board of Pardons; rules, regulations, and procedures; notice; restrictions on applications; time periods for additional review
- §572.5. Information to be provided to Board of Pardons
- §572.6. Finality of clemency determinations
- §572.7. Representation of applicants before board; prohibitions
- §572.8. Compensation for wrongful conviction and imprisonment; petition process; compensation; proof; assignment of powers and duties
- §572.9. Avery C. Alexander Act; application process
- §573. Sessions of Board of Pardons open
- §573.1. Prohibited contact with Board of Pardons; penalties; public record
- §573.2. Teleconference communications by certain persons
- §574. Adoption of rules by Board of Pardons
- §574.1. Expenses of members of Board of Pardons; reimbursement
PART II. PAROLE
SUBPART A. COMMITTEE ON PAROLE AND RULES OF PAROLE
- §574.2. Committee on parole, Board of Pardons; membership; qualifications; vacancies; compensation; domicile; venue; meetings; quorum; panels; powers and duties; transfer of property to committee; representation of applicants before the committee; prohibitions
- §574.2.1. Prohibited contact with committee on parole; penalties; public record
- §574.3. Personnel and reports to be furnished by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections to the committee on parole; reports to be provided to the Board of Pardons; intensive incarceration and intensive parole supervision program data compilation; annual report
- §574.4. Parole; eligibility; juvenile offenders
- §574.4.1. Parole consideration and hearings
- §574.4.2. Decisions of committee on parole; nature, order, and conditions of parole; rules of conduct; infectious disease testing
- §574.4.3. Parole requirements for certain sex offenders
- §574.4.4. Intensive incarceration program; eligibility
- §574.4.5. Probation and parole processing fee
- §574.5. Intensive incarceration and parole supervision of persons held by sheriff in Orleans Parish
- §574.6. Parole term; automatic discharge
- §574.6.1. Compliance credits; parole
- §574.7. Custody and supervision of parolees; modification or suspension of supervision; violation of conditions of parole; sanctions; alternative conditions; administrative sanctions
- §574.8. Parole officers; powers of arrest; summary arrest and detention of parolees
- §574.9. Revocation of parole for violation of condition; committee panels; return to custody hearing; duration of reimprisonment and reparole after revocation; credit for time served; revocation for a technical violation
- §574.10. Conviction of a felony while on parole
- §574.11. Finality of committee determinations; venue; jurisdiction and procedure; peremptive period; service of process
- §574.12. Information as to offenders and ex-offenders; confidentiality
- §574.13. General applicability; juveniles in correctional institutions excepted
SUBPART B. PAROLEE SUPERVISION
SUBPART C. VIOLATIONS OF MUNICIPAL ORDINANCES
- §574.15. Power of elected state, parochial, or municipal officials to parole persons arrested for violation of municipal ordinances
- §574.16. Refusal to parole; penalty
- §574.17. Kenner; power of elected municipal officials to parole or release persons in custody for violations of ordinances
- §574.18. Prohibition of city council members to parole or release persons
SUBPART D. MEDICAL PAROLE
SUBPART E. PAROLE RISK ASSESSMENT PILOT PROGRAM
- §574.21. Parole risk assessment pilot program; statistical system; agency cooperation; rules promulgation
- §574.22. Repealed by Acts 2012, No. 123, §1.
SUBPART F. INTERSTATE COMPACT FOR ADULT OFFENDER SUPERVISION
- §574.31. Intent; purpose
- §574.32. Definitions
- §574.33. The Interstate Commission; membership; creation of the executive committee
- §574.34. State Council
- §574.35. Powers and duties of the Interstate Commission
- §574.36. Organization and operation of the Interstate Commission
- §574.37. Activities of the Interstate Commission
- §574.38. Rulemaking functions of the Interstate Commission
- §574.39. Oversight, enforcement, and dispute resolution by the Interstate Commission
- §574.40. Finance
- §574.41. Eligibility of compacting states, effective date, and amendment
- §574.42. Withdrawal, default, termination, and judicial enforcement
- §574.43. Severability and construction
- §574.44. Binding effect of compact and other laws
- §574.45. Interstate transfer or travel of parolees or probationers; fees
SUBPART G. SUBSTANCE ABUSE CONDITIONAL RELEASE
CHAPTER 6. LOUISIANA BUREAU OF CRIMINAL IDENTIFICATION AND INFORMATION
- §575. Legislative findings and objectives
- §576. Definitions
- §577. Bureau of criminal identification and information; creation and organization
- §578. Functions, powers, and duties of the bureau; crime laboratory
- §578.1. Pretrial diversion program for driving while intoxicated; criminal history records
- §579. Rules and regulations
- §580. Forms; procedures; training; assistance
- §581. Authorized audits and investigations
- §582. Civil identification files
- §583. Transmission of information
- §584. Cooperation with federal and other state agencies
- §585. Admissibility of bureau records in evidence
- §586. Authority to purge records of the central repository
- §587. Duty to provide information; processing fees; Louisiana Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information
- §587.1. Provision of information to protect children
- §587.1.1. Portability of criminal history information for licensed child care facilities
- §587.1.2. Provision of information to protect children who receive services at a therapeutic group home
- §587.2. Institutions of postsecondary education; criminal history information
- §587.3. Volunteers and employees in youth-serving institutions or organizations; other youth coaches; criminal background information
- §587.4. Authority of municipal or parish fire department, a fire protection district, or a volunteer fire department; criminal history information
- §587.5. Agencies with access to federal tax information; criminal history information
- §587.6. Division of administration, office of technology services; access to criminal history information or state-issued REAL ID Information
- §587.7. Volunteer and employee criminal history system
- §587.8. Access to criminal history system for victims of domestic abuse, victims of human trafficking, victims of dating violence, and victims of sexual assault.
- §588. Right of individual access
- §589. Duty to maintain security
- §590. Obtaining and filing fingerprint and identification data
- §591. Submission of information; statistics; data
- §592. Submission of fingerprints and identification data
- §593. Prohibition against destruction of records
- §594. Access to records
- §595. Duty to abide by regulations
- §596. Penalties
- §597. Disposition reporting
- §598. Criminal Identification and Information Fund
CHAPTER 6-A. DNA DETECTION OF SEXUAL AND VIOLENT OFFENDERS
- §601. Short title
- §602. Legislative findings and objectives
- §603. Definitions
- §604. Powers and duties of state police
- §605. State DNA data base
- §606. State DNA data bank
- §607. State police recommendation of additional offenses
- §608. Procedural compatibility with FBI
- §609. Drawing or taking of DNA samples
- §610. Procedures for withdrawal, collection, and transmission of DNA samples
- §611. Procedures for conduct, disposition, and use of DNA analysis
- §612. DNA data base exchange
- §613. Cancellation of authority to access or exchange DNA records
- §614. Removal of records
- §615. Repealed by Acts 2003, No. 487, §3, eff. June 20, 2003.
- §616. Confidentiality of records
- §617. Disclosure prohibited
- §618. Criminal penalties
- §619. Repealed by Acts 2003, No. 487, §3, eff. June 20, 2003.
- §620. Authority of law enforcement officers
- §621. Prohibition on destruction of evidence; certain cases
- §622. Sexual assault collection kits
- §623. Submission of sexual assault collection kits
- §624. Sexually-oriented criminal offense data; reporting
- §625. Material witness warrant data; reporting
CHAPTER 6-B. REGISTRY OF VIOLENT OFFENSES AGAINST PEACE OFFICERS
- §641. Short title
- §642. Definitions
- §643. Registration of offenders who commit certain violent offenses
- §644. Transmission of information to the bureau
- §645. Central registry
- §646. Failure to register; penalties
- §647. Limitation of liability
CHAPTER 6-C. LOUISIANA REPOSITORY FOR UNIDENTIFIED AND MISSING PERSONS INFORMATION PROGRAM
- §651. Short title
- §652. Legislative findings and objectives
- §653. Definitions
- §654. Powers and duties of the F.A.C.E.S. Laboratory
- §655. Louisiana Repository for Unidentified and Missing Persons Information Program
- §656. F.A.C.E.S. Laboratory recommendations
- §657. Applicability of Chapter
- §658. Collection of forensic anthropology samples from unidentified human remains and missing persons
- §659. Procedures for conduct, disposition, and use of forensic anthropological analysis
- §660. Confidentiality of records
- §661. Disclosure prohibited
- §662. Criminal penalties
CHAPTER 7. PRISONS AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
PART I. PRISONS AND PRISONERS IN GENERAL
- §701. Cities to provide covered patrol wagons; use of uncovered vehicles prohibited; penalty
- §702. Maintenance of parish jails
- §703. Physician to be appointed for each parish; salary
- §704. Sheriff keeper of jail
- §705. Food and clothing provisions for prisoners; payment of incarceration expenses; payment of medical expenses; imposition of restitution on offenders
- §706. Transfer of prisoners to jail of another parish
- §707. United States prisoners to be kept in custody; compensation of sheriff
- §708. Labor by prisoners permitted; workday release program; indemnification
- §709. Prisoners convicted in other states and housed in Louisiana
- §710. Exchange of prisoners between parishes
- §711. Work release program
- §711.1. Jefferson Davis work-release program
- §712. Facilities providing housing or temporary residence to individuals participating in work release or workforce development work release programs administered by the sheriff
- §713. Medical expenses of prisoners in extraordinary circumstances
- §714. Letters of incarceration
PART I-A. PRISON INMATE TRAINING REFORM ACT
- §731. Short title
- §732. Legislative findings and declaration
- §733. Prohibition of karate, judo, or other martial arts programs
PART I-B. PRISON REFORM ACT OF 1995
PART I-C. PRIVATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
PART I-D. SAFE PREGNANCY FOR INCARCERATED WOMEN
- §744. Title
- § 744.1. Legislative findings
- §744.2. Restraint during second and third trimesters
- § 744.3. Restraint during childbirth
- § 744.4. Monitoring
- § 744.5. Definitions
- § 744.6. Notice
- § 744.7. Recordkeeping and retention
- § 744.8. Return to prison
PART I-E. OFFENDER REENTRY SUPPORT
- §745. Short title
- §745.1. Declaration of public policy
- §745.2. Offender Reentry Support Pilot Program; establishment; participating correctional institution; content; administration; implementation; reporting
- §745.3. Advisory council; establishment; duties; membership
PART II. BUILDING AND MAINTENANCE REGULATIONS FOR PRISONS
- §751. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §752. §§752 to 759 Repealed by Acts 1982, No. 623, §1.
- §760. Hospital quarters
- §761. Repealed by Acts 1982, No. 623, §1.
- §762. Repealed by Acts 1982, No. 623, §1
- §763. Procedure upon failure to comply with the provisions of this Part
- §764. Parish jail overcrowding; state of emergency
PART II-A. INTERSTATE CORRECTIONS COMPACT
- §771. Purpose and policy
- §772. Definitions
- §773. Contracts
- §774. Procedures and rights
- §775. Receiving state review of sending state acts; extradition
- §776. Federal aid
- §777. Effectiveness
- §778. Withdrawal and termination
- §779. Other arrangements unaffected
- §780. Construction and severability
PART III. MULTIPARISH DISTRICTS
- §801. Creation of multiparish prisons
- §802. Title of multiparish prison
- §803. Organization and powers
- §804. Board of governors
- §805. Powers and duties of board of governors
- §806. Budget and revenues
- §807. Municipalities may send prisoners to multiparish prisons for confinement
- §808. Prisoners confined in multiparish prisons
- §809. Preexisting facilities
- §810. Preexisting facilities operated by parish governing authorities
- §811. Inmate contact with persons outside of parish or multiparish prison; temporary release or furlough
PART III-A. LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
- §821. Louisiana Department of Corrections; created; transfer of functions; functions of department
- §821.1. Louisiana Department of Corrections; domicile
- §822. Repealed by Acts 1981, No. 873, §4, eff. Oct. 1, 1981
- §823. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §824. Commitment of persons to the Department of Public Safety and Corrections
- §824.1. Deputy marshals, town of Jackson; Department of Corrections to provide funds
- §824.2. Programs to Reduce Recidivism Fund
- §825. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §825.1. Appointment of ex-officio notaries at state correctional institutions; scope of powers
- §825.2. Special agents; appointment; carrying weapons
- §825.3. Criminal history review
- §826. Services performed by department
- §827. Duties of Department of Public Safety and Corrections
- §827.1. Reentry preparation program; establishment
- §827.2. Data collection and reporting requirements
- §827.3. Savings attributable to criminal justice reforms
- §828. Classification and treatment programs; qualified sex offender programs; reports; earned credits
- §828.1. Prison rehabilitation pilot program; establishment; participating correctional institutions; content; administration; implementation; reporting
- §828.2. Faith-based programs for inmates; development; monitoring
- §828.3. Pilot program; substance abuse counseling
- §829. Discipline of inmates
- §830. Treatment of inmates with mental illness or intellectual disability
- §830.1. Refusal of treatment by inmates with mental illness or intellectual disability
- §830.2. Security for mental health patients
- §831. Medical care of inmates; testing
- §832. Work by inmates; allowance
- §832.1. Work by inmates; construction, renovation, custodial, maintenance, or repairs; exemptions
- §833. Inmate contact with persons outside institution; temporary release
- §833.1. Community resource centers; participation; conditions
- §833.2. Temporary release of inmate for limited purposes
- §834. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §834.1. Free housing; employees living at correctional institutions
- §834.2. Plan for expansion of existing space or contracts for additional housing of individuals in the custody of the department; legislative approval
- §835. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §836. Cooperation and agreements with other agencies; federal government; local government
- §837. Transfer of functions; records, money and equipment; employees
- §838. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §839. Effect of R.S. 40:2001 through 40:2017.9
- §840. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §840.1. Access to records; cooperation by other agencies; confidentiality; disclosure
- §840.2. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
PART III-B. NORTHEAST LOUISIANA CORRECTIONAL CENTER
- §841. Establishment; purpose
- §842. Board of governors; membership, powers, duties; suits
- §843. Powers of board of governors
- §844. Suits; service of process
- §845. Municipalities, agreements with for use
- §846. Prisoners
- §847. Additional facilities
PART III-C. LINCOLN PARISH DETENTION CENTER
- §848. Establishment; purpose and title
- §848.1. Organization and powers
- §848.2. Lincoln Parish Detention Center Commission members
- §848.3. Powers and duties of commission
- §848.4. Funding for operation and maintenance of Lincoln Parish Detention Center
- §848.5. Use of other jail and prison facilities
- §848.6. Superintendent and corrections officers
PART III-D. TERREBONNE PARISH DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS AND REHABILITATION
- §849. Establishment; purpose and title
- §849.1. Organization and powers
- §849.2. Terrebonne Parish Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Commission; establishment; members
- §849.3. Powers and duties of commission
- §849.4. Commission's right to incur debt; funding for operation and maintenance of Terrebonne Parish Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation; authority to levy ad valorem tax; tax election; approval by parish council
- §849.5. Use of other jail and prison facilities
- §849.6. Personnel
PART III-E. UNION PARISH DETENTION CENTER
- §850.1. Establishment; purpose and title
- §850.2. Organization and powers
- §850.3. Union Parish Detention Center Commission members
- §850.4. Powers and duties of commission
- §850.5. Funding for operation and maintenance of Union Parish Detention Center
- §850.6. Use of other jail and prison facilities
- §850.7. Superintendent and corrections officers
PART III-F. JACKSON PARISH DETENTION CENTER
- §850.11. Establishment; purpose and title
- §850.12. Organization and powers
- §850.13. Commission members
- §850.14. Powers and duties of commission
- §850.15. Funding for operation and maintenance of Jackson Parish Detention Center
- §850.16. Use of other jail and prison facilities
- §850.17. Superintendent and corrections officers
PART IV. LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY
- §851. Repealed by Acts 1980, No. 496, §1, eff. July 22, 1980
- §852. §§852 to 854 Repealed by Acts 1979, No. 134, §1
- §855. Road, street, highway, right of way maintenance and litter removal, weed cutting, drug free school zone sign posting, and solid waste recycling programs by convict labor; indemnification
- §855.1. §§855.1 to 855.4 Repealed by Acts 1985, No. 114, §2, eff. June 29, 1985.
- §856. Repealed by Acts 1979, No. 134, §1
- §857. Chaplains; access to inmates
- §858. Catholic priest for penitentiary; method of appointment; access to inmates
- §859. Inmate spiritual and guidance services; leasing of property
- §860. Right of inmate to decline medical treatment
- §861. Repealed by Acts 1976, No. 373, §3
- §862. Officials and employees not to be personally interested in contracts; penalty
- §863. Repealed by Acts 1978, No. 569, §2, eff. July 12, 1978
- §864. Trespass on state prison property prohibited; penalty; exceptions
- §865. Solitary confinement abolished
- §866. Payment to released prisoners
- §866.1. Transportation for released prisoners
- §866.2. Disposition of abandoned property of discharged inmates
- §867. Compensation for damage or injury occasioned by escape
- §867.1. Search teams; appointment and duties; training
- §868. Appointment of attorney to represent inmates; fees
- §869. Repealed by Acts 1979, No. 134, §1
- §870. Work assignments not to be refused; overtime
- §871. Inmates eligible for compensation
- §872. Repealed by Acts 1978, No. 312, §2
- §873. Rate of inmate compensation; source of funding
- §874. Compensation account
- §875. Imposition of restitution on offenders; procedures
PART IV-A. ADDITIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- §891. Location of prison facilities
- §892. Women's correctional facility
- §892.1. Standards and requirements for the incarceration of women
- §893. Adult correctional institutions
- §893.1. Inmates who may not be assigned to J. Levy Dabadie Correctional Center
- §894. Diagnostic and treatment center
- §895. Geriatric correctional facilities; establishment as a pilot project; report
PART IV-B. JUVENILE INSTITUTIONS
- §901. Juvenile reception and diagnostic center; establishment, commitment of juveniles, substance abuse inpatient program, order, report, fact of commitment
- §901.1. Juvenile substance abuse programs; locations
- §902. Juvenile institutions
NOTE: This provision of law was included in the Unconstitutional Statutes Biennial Report to the Legislature, dated March 14, 2016.
- §902.1. Transfer of adjudicated juvenile delinquents
- §902.2. Closure of Swanson Correctional Center for Youth-Madison Parish Unit as a facility for juveniles
- §902.3. Juvenile placement review process
- §902.4. Conversion of Jetson Center for Youth-East Baton Rouge Parish Unit to a regional treatment facility for juveniles
- §903. Separate facilities for males and females
- §904. Superintendent; powers and duties
- §905. Rules and regulations; education; training and discipline, work opportunities, vocational training, contracts and agreements
- §905.1. Cecil J. Picard Educational and Recreational Center; rates and fees
- §906. Release from commitment
- §907. Return of juveniles to committing court for transfer
- §908. Student furlough program
- §909. Reporting of escapes from state juvenile institutions; records
- §910. Juvenile offenders; collection of parental support payments for cost of care
- §911. Administration of medication; definitions; conditions; restrictions
- §1172. Administrative remedies; applicability; initiation
- §1173. Publication of procedure
- §1174. Definitions
- §1175. REPEALED BY ACTS 1993, NO. 871, §3.
- §1176. Records, confidentiality
- §1177. Judicial review of administrative acts; exception
- §1178. Judicial screening
- §1179. Service of process
PART V. YOUTHFUL OFFENDER MANAGEMENT DEDICATED FUND ACCOUNT
PART V-A. JUVENILE JUSTICE ACCOUNTABILITY AND COST EFFECTIVENESS
SUBPART I. DATA AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- §931. Purpose and policy
- §932. Definitions
- §933. Office of juvenile justice; statistical data collection; reporting
- §934. Detention centers
SUBPART II. JUVENILE JUSTICE REINVESTMENT PROGRAM
PART VI. FUNCTIONAL FAMILY THERAPY PILOT PROGRAM
- §971. Legislative intent
- §972. Definitions
- §973. Functional Family Therapy Pilot Program; creation
- §974. Eligibility for participation
PART VII. STATE INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR COLORED YOUTHS
PART VIII. PARISH INDUSTRIAL SCHOOLS FOR YOUTHS
- §1031. Establishment of parish schools for youths authorized
- §1032. Commitment to parish school
- §1033. Appointment of commissioners; compensation; term
- §1034. Board of commissioners; domicile; powers; officers
- §1035. Selection of site; construction
- §1036. Duties of board of commissioners; appointment, term, and compensation of superintendent; report
- §1037. Rules and regulations; classification of inmates; education, training, and discipline
- §1038. Probation and parole; release of inmates
- §1039. Return of inmates to committing court for transfer
PART IX. LOUISIANA CORRECTIONAL AND INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL (REPEALED)
PART X. PAYMENT FOR CARE OF CHILDREN IN NONSTATE OPERATED AGENCIES AND FACILITIES
- §1081. Purpose
- §1082. Definitions
- §1083. Participation
- §1084. Establishment of rates for payment for care in nonstate operated agencies and facilities
- §1085. Payment for care and treatment
- §1086. Contribution to cost of care by parent, custodian
- §1087. Non-state providers; contracts; performance-based contracts
PART XI. REGIONAL JUVENILE FACILITIES
SUBPART A. IN GENERAL
- §1091. Regional system of shelter care and detention facilities; alternative shelter care programs
- §1092. Method of payment
- §1092.1. Other laws applicable
- §1093. Juvenile detention centers; special court costs
- §1093.1. Immunity from civil liability
- §1093.2. Auditing; regional district reporting; report to legislative auditor; misuse of funds
- §1093.3. Commission president; secretary; treasurer
- §1093.4. Required training for the commission
SUBPART B. FLORIDA PARISHES JUVENILE JUSTICE DISTRICT
- §1094. Florida Parishes Juvenile Justice District; creation; jurisdiction
- §1094.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
- §1094.2. Purpose
- §1094.3. Board of commissioners; officers; meetings
- §1094.4. Board; general authority
- §1094.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
- §1094.6. Method of payment; facility situated in Tangipahoa Parish
- §1094.7. Funding for the commission; criminal court costs
SUBPART C. TANGIPAHOA PARISH JUVENILE JUSTICE DISTRICT
- §1095. Tangipahoa Parish Juvenile Justice District; creation; jurisdiction
- §1095.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
- §1095.2. Purpose
- §1095.3. Board of commissioners; officers; meetings
- §1095.4. Board; general authority
- §1095.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
SUBPART D. TRI-PARISH JUVENILE JUSTICE DISTRICT
- §1096. Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice District; creation; jurisdiction; definitions
- §1096.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
- §1096.2. Purpose
- §1096.3. Board of commissioners; officers; meetings
- §1096.4. Board; general authority
- §1096.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, and issue bonds
- §1096.6. Use of facilities
- §1096.7. Participation by parishes; appropriations
SUBPART E. WARE YOUTH CENTER AUTHORITY
- §1097. Ware Youth Center Authority; creation; jurisdiction
- §1097.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
- §1097.2. Purpose
- §1097.3. Board of commissioners; officers; meetings
- §1097.4. Board; general authority
- §1097.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
- §1097.6. Funding for the authority; criminal court costs
- §1097.7. Funding for the authority; juvenile court costs
SUBPART F. ST. JAMES PARISH YOUTH CENTER
- §1098.1. Construction of Subpart; controlling law
- §1098.2. Definitions
- §1098.3. Purpose
- §1098.4. General authority
- §1098.5. Power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
- §1098.6. Use of youth center
- §1098.7. Participation by other parishes; appropriations
SUBPART G. PARISH YOUTH CENTER
- §1099.1. Construction of Subpart; controlling law
- §1099.2. Definitions
- §1099.3. Purpose
- §1099.4. General authority
- §1099.5. Power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
- §1099.6. Use of youth center
- §1099.7. Participation by other parishes; appropriations
SUBPART H. ST. BERNARD PARISH JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER
SUBPART I. CENTRAL LOUISIANA JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER AUTHORITY
- §1105. Central Louisiana Juvenile Detention Center Authority; creation; jurisdiction
- §1105.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
- §1105.2. Purpose
- §1105.3. Board of commissioners; officers; meetings
- §1105.4. Board; general authority
- §1105.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
- §1105.6. Funding for the authority; criminal court costs
- §1105.7. Funding for the authority; juvenile court costs
SUBPART J. BOSSIER/CADDO JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER AUTHORITY
- §1106. Bossier/Caddo Juvenile Detention Center Authority; creation; jurisdiction
- §1106.1. Board of directors; appointment; terms
- §1106.2. Purpose
- §1106.3. Board of directors; officers; meetings
- §1106.4. Board; general authority
- §1106.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
SUBPART K. FELICIANA JUVENILE JUSTICE DISTRICT
- §1107. Feliciana Juvenile Justice District; creation; jurisdiction
- §1107.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
- §1107.2. Purpose
- §1107.3. Board of commissioners; officers; meetings
- §1107.4. Board; general authority
- §1107.5. Board; domicile; power to levy taxes, incur debt, issue bonds
- §1107.6. Court costs; Twentieth Judicial District; funding for drug and alcohol awareness programs
SUBPART L. MULTI-JURISDICTIONAL BOARD
PART XI-A. JUVENILE DETENTION STANDARDS AND LICENSING PROCEDURES
- §1110. Purpose and reasons for detention; detention standards; licensing; fees
- §1110.1. Operating without or in violation of license or regulations; penalties
NOTE: §1110.2 eff. until the promulgation of certain rules by the Dept. of Children and Family Services. See Acts 2017, No. 348, §6.
PART XII. WORK RELEASE PROGRAM
- §1111. Work release program
- §1112. Reports to law enforcement agencies
- §1113. Facilities providing housing or temporary residence to individuals participating in work release or workforce development work release programs administered by the department
PART XIII. COMMUNITY REHABILITATION CENTERS
- §1131. Repealed by Acts 2014, No. 5, §1.
- §1132. Pre-sentence investigations
- §1133. Sentence to community rehabilitation centers
- §1134. Staff and facilities of community rehabilitation centers
- §1135. Repealed by Acts 2009, No. 266, §2.
- §1136. Rules and regulations of Department of Corrections
PART XIV. PRISON ENTERPRISES
- §1151. Definitions
- §1152. Prison enterprises
- §1153. Purposes
- §1154. Administration
- §1155. Prison Enterprises Board
- §1156. Rules
- §1157. Sales of goods and services; contractual powers
- §1158. Inmate labor
- §1159. Proceeds of sales
- §1160. Used agricultural equipment purchases
- §1161. Sale of livestock breeding services; contractual powers
NOTE: This provision of law was included in the Unconstitutional Statutes Biennial Report to the Legislature, dated March 14, 2016.
PART XV. CORRECTIONS ADMINISTRATIVE REMEDY PROCEDURE
PART XVI. PRISON LITIGATION REFORM ACT
- §1181. Definitions
- §1182. Appropriate remedies with respect to prison conditions
- §1183. Experts
- §1184. Suits by prisoners
- §1185. Attorney fees
- §1186. Proceedings in forma pauperis
- §1187. Successive claims
- §1188. Judicial screening and service of process
- §1189. Payment of damage award in satisfaction of pending restitution orders
- §1190. Earned release credit or good time credit revocation
- §1191. Claims arising under federal law
PART XVII. POST-RELEASE SKILLS PROGRAM
PART XVIII. REENTRY ADVISORY COUNCIL AND OFFENDER REHABILITATION AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- §1199.1. Short title
- §1199.2. Legislative findings
- §1199.3. Definitions
- §1199.4. Reentry Advisory Council; creation; members; powers and duties
- §1199.5. Administration of program; purposes
- §1199.6. Adoption of regulations
- §1199.7. Inmate eligibility for program; prohibitions
- §1199.8. Eligible inmate selection and participation in program
- §1199.9. Workforce development work release for participants and graduates of program administered by the department
- §1199.10. Workforce development work release for participants and graduates of the program administered by the sheriff
- §1199.11. Traditional work release programs not affected
- §1199.12. Program duration; development; selection of craft
- §1199.13. Removal from program
- §1199.14. Substance abuse treatment and counseling
- §1199.15. Authorized providers for intensive training
- §1199.16. Drug testing
PART XIX. POST-CONVICTION VETERANS MENTOR PROGRAM
- §1199.21. Short title
- §1199.22. Purpose; authorization of Post-Conviction Veterans Mentor Program
- §1199.23. Definitions
- §1199.24. Post-Conviction Veterans Mentor Program for incarcerated veterans; eligibility criteria
- §1199.25. Mentor program for Veterans Court probation program; job assistance
- §1199.26. Transitional facilities
CHAPTER 8. LOUISIANA COMMISSION ON LAW ENFORCEMENT AND THE ADMINISTRATION OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- §1201. Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement and Administration of Criminal Justice
- §1202. Composition of commission
- §1203. Officers; meetings
- §1204. Functions
- §1204.1. Correctional coordination; duties of agency
- §1204.2. Creation of system; functions; powers; duties
- §1204.3. Report to the system; duties of persons and agencies
- §1204.4. Studies; surveys; report
- §1204.5. Penalties
- §1205. State Law Enforcement Planning Agency
- §1206. Composition of State Law Enforcement Planning Agency
- §1207. Functions of the staff
- §1208. Office of Peace Officer Standards and Training; program director
- §1209. Law enforcement planning district agencies
- §1210. Law enforcement planning district advisory councils; composition
- §1211. Purpose and function of advisory councils
- §1212. Creation of database; functions
- §1212.1. Report to the system; duties of persons and agencies
- §1220. Authorization
- §1221. Information system's plan
- §1222. Staffing; funding; powers; and duties of policy boards
- §1223. Crime Victims Reparations Board
- §1224. Drug Abuse Education and Treatment Dedicated Fund Account; creation; purpose
- §1226. Juvenile Delinquency and Gang Prevention Act of 1993
- §1227. Juvenile boot camp clearinghouse
- §1228. Integrated Criminal Justice Information System Policy Board
- §1228.1. Purposes
- §1228.2. Actions of the policy board
- §1228.3. Membership
- §1228.4. Expenses
- §1228.5. Officers; meetings
- §1228.6. Component systems
- §1228.7. Authorization
- §1228.8. Cooperation; other agencies
- §1228.9. Impaired Driver Tracking System; purpose; procedure
- §1229. Automated victim notification system
- §1229.1. Reports to the system; duties of persons and agencies
CHAPTER 8-A. VICTIMIZATION OF SENIOR CITIZENS
- §1231. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
- §1232. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
- §1233. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
- §1234. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
- §1235. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
- §1236. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
- §1237. Repealed by Acts 2010, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2010.
CHAPTER 9. PARISH JAIL FACILITIES
- §1251. Short title
- §1252. Statement of purpose
- §1253. Powers and duties of the commission
- §1254. Grant funds; appropriation; distribution and allocation of grant funds
- §1255. Applications for grants; eligibility; standards; procedures
- §1256. Program review; reports; on-site inspections
CHAPTER 10. ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE
PART I. GENERAL
PART II. INTERCEPTION OF COMMUNICATIONS AND RELATED MATTERS
- §1302. Definitions
- §1303. Interception and disclosure of wire, electronic, or oral communications
- §1304. Manufacture, distribution, or possession of wire, electronic, or oral communication intercepting devices prohibited
- §1305. Confiscation of wire or oral communication intercepting devices
- §1306. Immunity of witnesses
- §1307. Prohibition of use as evidence of intercepted wire or oral communications
- §1308. Authorization for interception of wire, electronic, or oral communications
- §1309. Authorization for disclosure and use of intercepted wire, electronic, or oral communications
- §1310. Procedure for interception of wire, electronic, or oral communications
- §1311. Reports concerning intercepted wire, electronic, or oral communications
- §1312. Recovery of civil damages authorized
- §1312.1. Assistance in installation and use of a wire, oral, or electronic intercepting device
PART III. PEN REGISTERS AND TRAP AND TRACE DEVICES
- §1313. Pen registers and trap and trace devices, use prohibited
- §1314. Application for an order for a pen register or a trap and trace device
- §1315. Issuance of an order for a pen register or a trap and trace device
- §1316. Assistance in installation and use of a pen register, a trap and trace device, or a cellular tracking device
- §1317. Application for an order for use of a cellular tracking device
- §1318. Issuance of an order for a cellular tracking device
CHAPTER 11. LOUISIANA RACKETEERING ACT
- §1351. Short title
- §1352. Definitions
- §1353. Prohibited activities
- §1354. Penalties
- §1355. Arrest; warrant
- §1356. Civil remedies
CHAPTER 12. CRIMINAL STREET GANGS
- §1401. Citation
- §1402. Legislative findings and declaration
- §1403. Criminal street gangs and patterns of criminal street gang activity; prohibitions and criminal penalties
- §1403.1. Solicitation of membership in a criminal street gang; penalty
- §1404. Definitions
- §1405. Premises used by criminal street gang; nuisances; actions for injunction, abatement, and damages; other remedies for unlawful use; exceptions
- §1405.1. Civil cause of action by state and political subdivisions against criminal street gangs
- §1405.2. Possession of firearms, ammunition, and dangerous weapons by criminal street gangs; forfeiture
- §1405.3. Notification of the release of a member of a criminal street gang
- §1406. Mutual aid activities; labor organizations
- §1407. Local laws; no preemption
CHAPTER 13. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY AND GANG PREVENTION
- §1421. Short title
- §1422. Legislative findings and declaration
- §1423. Definitions
- §1424. Juvenile delinquency and gang prevention advisory boards; membership
- §1425. Purposes
- §1426. Powers and duties
- §1427. Establishment
- §1428. Delinquency prevention plan; programs; grants
- §1429. Grant application procedures
- §1430. Restrictions
CHAPTER 13-A. JUVENILE JURISDICTION PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION ACT
- §1441. Short title
- §1442. Louisiana Juvenile Jurisdiction Planning Implementation Committee; composition; authority; responsibilities
CHAPTER 14. INTERAGENCY AGREEMENTS FOR INFORMATION SHARING CONCERNING JUVENILES
- §1461. Repealed by Acts 2005, No. 119, §3, eff. Jan. 1, 2006.
- §1462. Repealed by Acts 2005, No. 119, §3, eff. Jan. 1, 2006.
- §1463. Repealed by Acts 2005, No. 119, §3, eff. Jan. 1, 2006.
- §1464. Repealed by Acts 2005, No. 119, §3, eff. Jan. 1, 2006.
CHAPTER 14. ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES ACT
- §1501. Citation
- §1502. Legislative findings and declaration
- §1503. Definitions
- §1504. Mandatory reports and immunity
- §1505. Contents of report and agency to receive report
- §1506. Receipt of reports
- §1507. Investigation of reports, assessment, actions taken, and court orders
- §1508. Petition for hearing, criminal proceedings, and subpoenas
- §1509. Hearing
- §1510. Implementation
- §1511. Emergency protective services; ex parte order
CHAPTER 15. WITNESS PROTECTION SERVICES
- §1601. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1602. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1603. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1604. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1605. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1606. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1607. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1608. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1609. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1610. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1611. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1612. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1613. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.
- §1614. Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 434, §2A, eff. June 30, 2019.