2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:70 - Gaming operator license and permits; suitability
PART VII. APPLICATION AND LICENSING
§70. Gaming operator license and permits; suitability
In addition to meeting the suitability requirements provided in R.S. 27:28, no person shall be issued a license to conduct gaming operations unless the board finds that:
(1) The applicant is capable of conducting gaming operations, which means that the applicant can demonstrate the capability, either through training, education, business experience, or a combination of the above to operate a gaming casino.
(2) The proposed financing of the riverboat and the gaming operations is adequate for the nature of the proposed operation and from a source suitable and acceptable to the division.
(3) The applicant must demonstrate a proven ability to operate a vessel of comparable size and capacity and of comparable complexity to a riverboat so as to ensure the safety of its passengers. The applicant must demonstrate that each employee involved with navigation and passenger safety holds United States Coast Guard approved certification for lifeboat, firefighting, and first aid.
(4) The applicant must submit a detailed plan of design of the riverboat in its application for a riverboat gaming license.
(5) The applicant must designate the docking facilities to be used by the riverboat.
(6) The applicant must show adequate financial ability to construct and maintain a riverboat.
(7)(a) The applicant must have a good faith plan to recruit, train, and upgrade minorities in all employment classifications.
(b) It shall be required by the owners, to provide the maximum practical opportunities, for participation by the broadest number of minority-owned businesses. Such offering of participation by owners to the disadvantaged business enterprises who qualify under the provision of this Chapter, shall be at a price not to exceed the price paid per share or interest paid by the ownership interests.
(c) The legislature hereby further directs that the written policies, procedures and regulations shall provide for the inclusion of businesses owned by minorities to the maximum extent practicable.
Acts 1991, No. 753, §1, eff. July 18, 1991; Acts 1992, No. 532, §1. Redesignated from R.S. 4:530 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996; Acts 2001, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 3, §2, eff. Mar. 27, 2001; Acts 2001, No. 1222, §§1 and 2, eff. July 2, 2001.