2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:71 - Application for license; additional requirements; summary of proposed gaming operations
§71. Application for license; additional requirements; summary of proposed gaming operations
A. The division may require any applicant for a license to conduct gaming activities pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter to provide the division with a summary describing the financial, internal, and security aspects of the proposed gaming operations, including but not limited to:
(1) Accounting and financial controls, including the procedures to be utilized in counting, banking, storage, and handling of cash.
(2) Procedures, forms, and, where appropriate, formulas covering the calculation of hold percentages, revenue drop, expense and overhead schedules, complimentary services, cash equivalent transactions, salary structure, and personnel practices.
(3) Job descriptions and the system of personnel and chain of command, establishing a diversity of responsibility among employees engaged in gaming operations and identifying primary and secondary supervisor positions for areas of responsibility, which areas shall not be so extensive as to be impractical for an individual to monitor.
(4) Procedures within the cashier's cage for the receipt, storage, and disbursal of chips, cash, and other cash equivalents used in gaming, the payoff of jackpots, and the recording of transactions pertaining to gaming operations.
(5) Procedures for the collection and security of monies at the gaming tables.
(6) Procedures for the transfer and recordation of chips between the gaming tables and the cashier's cage.
(7) Procedures for the transfer of monies from the gaming tables to the counting process.
(8) Procedures and security for the counting and recordation of revenue.
(9) Procedures for the security, storage, and recordation of chips and other cash equivalents utilized in the gaming operation.
(10) Procedures for the transfer of monies or chips from and to the slot machines.
(11) Procedures and standards for the opening and security of slot machines.
(12) Procedures for the payment and recordation of slot machine jackpots.
(13) Procedures for the cashing and recordation of checks exchanged by patrons.
(14) Procedures governing the utilization of the private security force within the designated area.
(15) Procedures and security standards for the handling and storage of gaming apparatus, including cards, dice, machines, wheels, and all other gaming equipment.
(16) Procedures and rules governing the conduct of particular games and the responsibilities of the riverboat gaming personnel in respect thereto.
B. The licensee shall adhere to all the provisions provided for by Subsection A of this Section once the summary has been approved by the division.
Acts 1991, No. 753, §1, eff. July 18, 1991. Redesignated from R.S. 4:531 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996; Acts 1999, No. 1384, §1.