2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:58 - Division responsibilities
§58. Division responsibilities
The division shall:
(1) Investigate the qualifications of each applicant before any license or permit is issued pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) Issue, deny, condition, or restrict licenses and permits.
(3) Investigate violations of this Chapter and any regulations promulgated hereunder and other such violations of law relating to the conducting of gaming activities as the supervisor sees fit.
(4) Conduct all hearings concerning civil violations of this Chapter.
(5) Require all licensees to utilize a cashless wagering system, except for racehorse wagering and the play of slot machines, whereby all players' money is converted to tokens, electronic cards, or chips used only for wagering in the gaming establishment.
(6) Conduct continuing reviews of gaming activities through on-site observation and other reasonable means to assure compliance with this Chapter and regulations promulgated hereunder.
(7) Be entitled to request information, materials, and any other data from a licensee or permittee.
(8) Ensure that all licensees and permittees have the licenses and permits necessary to conduct any and all operations relating to the riverboat.
(9) Ensure that licenses or permits are not issued to or held by a disqualified person, and that there is no material involvement, directly or indirectly, with a licensee by a disqualified person in accordance with R.S. 27:28.
(10) Require the posting of one or more signs at points of entry to the designated gaming areas to inform customers of the toll-free telephone number available to provide information and referral services regarding compulsive or problem gambling. Failure by the licensee to post and maintain such a sign or signs shall be cause for the imposition of a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars per day.
Acts 1991, No. 753, §1, eff. July 18, 1991; Acts 1993, No. 200, §1. Redesignated from R.S. 4:518 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996; Acts 2001, No. 1222, §1, eff. July 2, 2001.