2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:59 - Division; rules and regulations
§59. Division; rules and regulations
A. The division shall, in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act, promulgate all rules, regulations, orders, and opinions as are necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter, including but not limited to:
(1) Governing the issuance of any license or permit authorized by this Chapter.
(2) Prescribing the methods and forms of application that an applicant for a license must complete before consideration by the division.
(3) Prescribing the methods and forms for delivery of information concerning a person's family, habits, character, associates, criminal record, business activities, and financial affairs.
(4) Prescribing procedures for the fingerprinting of an applicant for a license or a riverboat employee of a licensee, and methods of identification that may be necessary to accomplish effective enforcement of restrictions on access to restricted areas of a riverboat.
(5) Prescribing the method for approval of the areas of operation, the rules and odds of authorized games and the devices permitted.
(6) Prescribing grounds and procedures for the revocation, limitation, or suspension of licenses and permits.
(7) Governing the manufacture, distribution, sale, and servicing of gaming devices and equipment.
(8) Prescribing the method of review by the division of internal control and accounting procedures, including security standards to ensure effective disclosure of all financial information.
(9) Requiring periodic financial reports and the form of the reports, including an annual audit prepared by a certified public accountant licensed to do business in Louisiana, attesting to the financial condition of a licensee and disclosing whether the accounts, records, and control procedures examined are maintained by the licensee in compliance with the requirements of this Chapter.
(10) Regarding the reporting of transfers of an economic interest in a licensee.
(11) Repealed by Acts 1995, No. 50, §1.
B. The division shall submit any proposed rule or regulation to the board prior to attempting to promulgate the rule in accordance with the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act. The board may reject any rule or regulation so submitted and any rule rejected by the board shall not be promulgated by the division.
C. The division may adopt a temporary rule authorizing the conduct of certain games or gaming devices for an experimental period not to exceed ninety days, for the purpose of determining whether the games or devices should be allowed on a permanent basis.
D. All rules and regulations promulgated by the division and the board shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act and shall be subject to legislative oversight by the House of Representatives Committee on Administration of Criminal Justice and the Senate Committee on Judiciary B.
Acts 1991, No. 753, §1, eff. July 18, 1991; Acts 1995, No. 50, §1. Redesignated from R.S. 4:519 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996; Acts 2012, No. 711, §1.