2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:772 - Definitions
As used in this compact, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Inmate" means a male or female offender who is committed under sentence to or confined in a penal or correctional institution.
(2) "Institution" means any penal or correctional facility, including but not limited to a facility for persons with a mental illness or intellectual disability, in which inmates as defined in this Section may lawfully be confined.
(3) "Receiving state" means a state party to this compact to which an inmate is sent for confinement other than a state in which conviction or court commitment was had.
(4) "Sending state" means a state party to this compact in which conviction or court commitment was had.
(5) "State" means a state of the United States, the United States of America, a territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, and the commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Acts 2018, No. 440, §1.