2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:773 - Contracts
A. Each party state may make one or more contracts with any one or more of the other party states for the confinement of inmates on behalf of a sending state in institutions situated within receiving states. Any such contract shall provide for the following:
(1) The duration of the contract.
(2) Payments to be made to the receiving state by the sending state for inmate maintenance, extraordinary medical and dental expenses, and any participation in or receipt by inmates of rehabilitative or correctional services, facilities, programs, or treatment not reasonably included as part of normal maintenance.
(3) Participation in programs of inmate employment, if any; the disposition or crediting of any payments received by inmates on account thereof; and the crediting of proceeds from or disposal of any products resulting therefrom.
(4) Delivery and retaking of inmates.
(5) Such other matters as may be necessary and appropriate to fix the obligations, responsibilities, and rights of the sending and receiving states.
B. The terms and provisions of this compact shall be a part of any contract entered into under the terms of the compact and the provisions of this Part, and nothing in any such contract shall be inconsistent with the compact or the provisions of this Part.
Acts 2018, No. 440, §1.