2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:571.41 - Purpose
PART VIII. JOB INTERVENTION PROGRAMS
It is the purpose of this Part to authorize each judicial district to facilitate the creation of job intervention programs in the various district courts of this state to do the following:
(1) To reduce criminal recidivism.
(2) To increase the personal responsibility and accountability of first-time offenders to their families and to society through gainful employment.
(3) To instill in first-time offenders a belief in their own value and potential through the development of job readiness skills.
(4) To promote effective interaction and use of resources among criminal justice personnel and community employers.
(5) To reduce the overcrowding of prisons.
Acts 2003, No. 803, §1, eff. July 1, 2003.