2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:571.36 - Electronic monitoring equipment
§571.36. Electronic monitoring equipment
The Department of Public Safety and Corrections shall develop written policies and procedures governing the availability, storage, and use of electronic monitoring equipment, which shall include all of the following:
(1) Secure storage, making equipment inaccessible to a monitored individual.
(2) Visual inspection of equipment worn by the monitored individual to determine its condition not less than once per month.
(3) A master listing and inventory.
(4) Availability of at least one complete backup unit for every twenty-five units in use.
(5) Responses to system malfunctions.
(6) Restricted password access to authorized staff of base station hardware.
(7) Maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
Acts 2010, No. 416, §1.