2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1199.6 - Adoptions of regulations
§1199.6. Adoption of regulations
A.(1) The secretary, with the advice of the council, shall adopt regulations necessary to implement the provisions of this Part.
(2) In order to efficiently implement the provisions of this Part, if the secretary has previously adopted rules or regulations which can be used to satisfy the requirements of this Part, then the secretary shall not be required to adopt new or duplicative rules or regulations. The secretary, with the advice of the council, may designate previously adopted rules or regulations as sufficient to implement the provisions of this Part.
B. The regulations shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Guidelines and criteria for eligibility to participate in the program.
(2) Guidelines and criteria for continued participation and successful completion of the program.
(3) Guidelines for proper documentation and certification or licensing for work specialities upon completion of the program.
(4) Guidelines for transportation to and from work projects.
(5) Guidelines for the supervision, custody, and control of inmates participating in the program.
(6) Guidelines for establishing necessary security and safety provisions regarding participation in the program.
(7) Guidelines for the establishment and maintenance of inmate compensation and savings accounts for participating in the program.
(8) Procedures and guidelines for monitoring the program, including annual on-site audits.
(9) Qualifications and training of staff.
(10) Guidelines for the workforce development work release program for graduates of the inmate rehabilitation and workforce development program.
(11) Guidelines for determining inmate selection for particular crafts in accordance with this Part.
(12) Criteria for the selection and authorization of educational institutions, training facilities, and employers to provide intensive training programs necessary for proper certification and licensing of skilled craftsmen.
(13) Criteria for the selection and authorization of service providers to provide substance abuse treatment and counseling or halfway housing to inmates who participate in the program.
(14) Guidelines for the administration of mandatory and random drug testing for controlled dangerous substances in accordance with this Part.
(15) Guidelines for removal from the program.
C. A copy of any regulation adopted to implement the provisions of this Part shall be submitted to the House Committee on the Administration of Criminal Justice and the Senate Committee on Judiciary B.
Acts 2008, No. 106, §1, eff. June 6, 2008; Acts 2009, No. 266, §1.