2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5302 - Goals
The goals of the alcohol and drug treatment divisions created under this Chapter include the following:
(1) To reduce alcoholism and drug abuse and dependency among offenders.
(2) To reduce criminal recidivism.
(3) To reduce the alcohol- and drug-related workload of the courts.
(4) To increase the personal, familial, and societal accountability of offenders.
(5) To promote effective interaction and use of resources among criminal justice personnel and community agencies.
(6) To reduce the overcrowding of prisons.
Acts 1997, No. 1376, §1.