2014 Kentucky Revised Statutes
625.040 Petition.

KY Rev Stat § 625.040 (2014) What's This?

Download as PDF 625.040 Petition. (1) (2) (3) A petition for the voluntary termination of parental rights shall be entitled "In the interest of..., a child." The petition may be filed by a parent or counsel when the appearance-waiver and consent-to-adopt forms are signed by the parent, counsel, and cabinet representative under the conditions described in KRS 625.041(3) and (4). The petition for the voluntary termination of parental rights shall be filed in the Circuit Court of the judicial circuit where the petitioner or child resides or in the Circuit Court in the county in which juvenile court actions, if any, concerning the child have commenced, and shall be verified and contain the following: (a) Name and place of residence of each petitioner; (b) Name, sex, date of birth, and place of residence of the child; (c) Name and relationship of each petitioner to the child; (d) A concise statement of the factual basis for the termination of parental rights; (e) Name and address of the person or of the cabinet or authorized agency to which parental rights are sought to be transferred; and (f) A statement that the person, cabinet, or authorized agency to whom custody is to be given has facilities available, is willing to receive the custody of the child, and the person, if not excepted by KRS 199.470(4) or (5), has applied for the written permission of the secretary or the secretary's designee for the child's placement. This provision shall not affect the right of a court to grant temporary custody under KRS 199.473. No petition may be filed under this chapter prior to three (3) days after the birth of the child. Effective:March 17, 1998 History: Amended 1998 Ky. Acts ch. 57, sec. 11, effective March 17, 1998. -Amended 1994 Ky. Acts ch. 242, sec. 14, effective July 15, 1994. -- Amended 1988 Ky. Acts ch. 350, sec. 63, effective April 10, 1988. -- Created 1986 Ky. Acts ch. 423, sec. 100, effective July 1, 1987.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.