2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 40 INSURANCE
Article 50 VIATICAL SETTLEMENTS
- 40-5001 Viatical settlements act of 2002; citation.
- 40-5002 Same; definitions.
- 40-5003 Same; license applications, renewal, fee, information required, powers of commissioner.
- 40-5004 Same; suspension, revocation, refusal to issue or renew license; grounds; hearing; powers of commissioner.
- 40-5005 Same; approval of forms.
- 40-5006 Same; annual statements of licensee; identity of viator confidential; exceptions.
- 40-5007a Same; examinations; record keeping requirements; powers of commissioner.
- 40-5008 Same; required disclosures.
- 40-5009a Same; viatical settlement contract; required documents; confidentiality of medical information; viator's rights; payment of proceeds; contacts with viator; limitations.
- 40-5010 Same; two year prohibition on entering into viatical settlement; exceptions.
- 40-5011 Same; requirements on advertising.
- 40-5012a Same; violations; required notice provisions; notification of commissioner; availability of records to commissioner; sharing of records; conditions.
- 40-5013 Same; penalties.
- 40-5014 Same; violation of act also unfair or deceptive trade practice.
- 40-5015 Same; rules and regulations.
- 40-5016 Same; continuation of preexisting viatical settlement business.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.