2011 Kansas Code
Chapter 20. - COURTS
Article 30. - COURT OF APPEALS
- 20-3001 Court of appeals; establishment as part of constitutional court of justice; jurisdiction; power to suspend proceedings in lower court during appeal.
- 20-3002 Judges; number; qualifications; selection; compensation; expenses; assignment to the supreme court.
- 20-3004 Nomination of judges by supreme court nominating commission; meetings; quorum; final action; qualifications and selection of nominees; meetings not subject to open meetings act.
- 20-3005 Nomination of judges to fill vacancies; panels of nominees; appointments by governor; failure of governor to make appointment; acceptance of nomination.
- 20-3006 Commencement of judges' duties; terms of office; candidacy for retention, eligibility, procedure; election; ballot form; application of election laws.
- 20-3007 Vacancy in office of judge of court of appeals; nominations for successor by supreme court nominating commission; time for submission of nominees to governor.
- 20-3008 Same; withdrawal of nomination, substitution of nominee; two or more vacancies, withdrawal of lists of nominations; resubmission of nominations.
- 20-3009 Same; appointment of successor by governor; time limitations; failure of governor to appoint; appointment by chief justice; effective date of appointment.
- 20-3010 Commencement of duties by judge appointed to fill vacancy; rights, privileges, powers and duties; terms of office; eligibility for retention in office; election on question of retention; term for which retained; rejection, vacancy, appointment of successor; failure to declare candidacy, vacancy.
- 20-3011 Chief judge of court of appeals; designation; powers.
- 20-3012 Hearing panels; composition; number; presiding judge.
- 20-3013 Principal offices of court of appeals in Topeka; courtroom and quarters; authority to hold court in any county; facilities provided by district court chief judge.
- 20-3014 Law clerks, stenographers and other court personnel; compensation in accordance with pay plan adopted by supreme court.
- 20-3015 Clerk of supreme court ex officio clerk of court of appeals; duties; rules of supreme court to govern writing and publication of opinions; supreme court reporter ex officio reporter of court of appeals; duties of judicial administrator.
- 20-3016 Request by court of appeals to transfer case to supreme court; certification of jurisdiction and findings; rules of supreme court; disposition of case by supreme court.
- 20-3017 Motion to transfer case from court of appeals to supreme court; rules of supreme court; allegations required; disposition of case by supreme court; failure to file motion deemed waiver of objection to jurisdiction of court of appeals.
- 20-3018 Transfer of certain cases docketed in supreme court to court of appeals; transfer of cases docketed in wrong court; effect; motion for rehearing by court of appeals; petition for review of case by supreme court; rules of supreme court; authority of supreme court in granting or denying review; power of supreme court to order transfer of case from court of appeals to supreme court.
- 20-3019 Motions; filing with judges residing in 18th or 29th judicial districts; supreme court rules.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.