2015 Iowa Code
TITLE XV - JUDICIAL BRANCH AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURES
SUBTITLE 5 - SPECIAL ACTIONS
CHAPTER 648 - FORCIBLE ENTRY AND DETAINER
Section 648.1 - Grounds.
A summary remedy for forcible entry and detainer is allowable:
1. Where the defendant has by force, intimidation, fraud, or stealth entered upon the prior actual possession of another in real property, and detains the same.
2. Where the lessee holds over after the termination of the lease.
3. Where the lessee holds contrary to the terms of the lease.
4. Where the defendant continues in possession after a sale by foreclosure of a mortgage, or on execution, unless the defendant claims by a title paramount to the lien by virtue of which the sale was made, or by title derived from the purchaser at the sale; in either of which cases such title shall be clearly and concisely set forth in the defendant’s pleading.
5. For the nonpayment of rent, when due.
6. When the defendant or defendants remain in possession after the issuance of a valid tax deed.
[C51, §2362, 2363; R60, §3952, 3953; C73, §3611, 3612; C97, §4208; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, §12263; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §648.1]
2004 Acts, ch 1101, §87
Referred to in 562A.26, 631.1, 648.3
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.