2021 Indiana Code
Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure
Article 11. Limitation of Actions
Chapter 2. Specific Statutes of Limitation
34-11-2-4. Injury or Forfeiture of Penalty Actions
Sec. 4. (a) An action for:
(1) injury to person or character;
(2) injury to personal property; or
(3) a forfeiture of penalty given by statute;
must be commenced within two (2) years after the cause of action accrues.
(b) An action for injury to a person that results from the sexual abuse of a child must be commenced within the later of:
(1) seven (7) years after the cause of action accrues; or
(2) four (4) years after the person ceases to be a dependent of the person alleged to have performed the sexual abuse.
[Pre-1998 Recodification Citation: 34-1-2-2(1).]
As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.44-2013, SEC.1.