There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Indiana Code
Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure
Article 11. Limitation of Actions
Chapter 2. Specific Statutes of Limitation
34-11-2-4. Injury or Forfeiture of Penalty Actions
Universal Citation: IN Code § 34-11-2-4 (2020)
Sec. 4. (a) An action for:
(1) injury to person or character;
(2) injury to personal property; or
(3) a forfeiture of penalty given by statute;
must be commenced within two (2) years after the cause of action accrues.
(b) An action for injury to a person that results from the sexual abuse of a child must be commenced within the later of:
(1) seven (7) years after the cause of action accrues; or
(2) four (4) years after the person ceases to be a dependent of the person alleged to have performed the sexual abuse.
[Pre-1998 Recodification Citation: 34-1-2-2(1).]
As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.44-2013, SEC.1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.