There is a newer version of this Chapter
2021 Indiana Code
Title 20. Education
Article 23. Organization of School Corporations
Chapter 4. Community School Corporations
- 20-23-4-1. Purpose and Policy of School Reorganization
- 20-23-4-2. "Attendance Unit"; "School Unit"
- 20-23-4-3. "Community School Corporation"
- 20-23-4-4. "County Committee"; "Committee"
- 20-23-4-5. Repealed
- 20-23-4-6. "Party"
- 20-23-4-7. "Reorganization of School Corporations"
- 20-23-4-8. "School Aid Bonds"
- 20-23-4-9. "United School Corporation"
- 20-23-4-10. Repealed
- 20-23-4-11. County Committee for Reorganization of School Corporations; Creation; Selecting Membership; Organization; Compensation; Terms of Office; Qualifications; Meetings
- 20-23-4-12. Preliminary Plans; Contents; Supporting Documents
- 20-23-4-13. Hearings on Preliminary Plans; Notice
- 20-23-4-14. Repealed
- 20-23-4-15. Submission of Reorganization Plans to State Board Prior to Completion of Comprehensive Plan
- 20-23-4-16. Required Contents of Preliminary or Final Comprehensive Plan
- 20-23-4-17. Advisory Committees of County; Membership
- 20-23-4-18. State Board of Education; Powers and Duties
- 20-23-4-19. Creation of Community School Corporation in Certain Existing School Corporations; Motion of State Board; Hearings; Definitions
- 20-23-4-20. Approval of Reorganization Plan by State Board; Notice; Creation of Community School Corporation by Petition or Elections; Contents of Petition and Petitioning Procedure
- 20-23-4-21. Special Election to Create Community School Corporations; Procedure
- 20-23-4-21.5. Employment Preference for Employees of Reorganized School Corporation
- 20-23-4-21.6. Retention of Teacher Rights and Privileges
- 20-23-4-22. Reorganization Plan Involving No Change in Boundaries or Board of Trustees; Automatic Effective Date
- 20-23-4-23. Rejection of Community School Corporations and Elections; Options of County Committee
- 20-23-4-24. Failure of Public Official to Perform Duty Within Time Prescribed; Effect
- 20-23-4-25. Appeal Procedure
- 20-23-4-26. Community School Corporations; Powers and Duties; Officers
- 20-23-4-27. Board of School Trustees; Election Options; Exception for Community School Corporations Created Before March 12, 1965
- 20-23-4-28. Board of School Trustees; Appointment Options; Exception for Community School Corporations Created Before March 12, 1965
- 20-23-4-29. Repealed
- 20-23-4-29.1. School Corporation Governing Body; Election Procedures
- 20-23-4-30. School Corporation Governing Body Members; Tie Votes; Vacancies; Term of Office
- 20-23-4-31. Board of School Trustees; Appointment of Interim Trustees
- 20-23-4-32. Assumption and Transfer of Powers and Duties
- 20-23-4-33. Attendance Units; Transportation
- 20-23-4-34. Voting Method for Community School Corporations
- 20-23-4-35. School Corporation; Organization of Governing Body
- 20-23-4-35.5. Copy of School Corporation Plan Filed With Circuit Court Clerk; Certification of Election Districts; Redistricting; Recertification of Districts; Amendments of Plan Filed With Circuit Court Clerk; Time for Filing; District Boundary Description Prevails Over Conflicting Map
- 20-23-4-36. Voting Method for School Corporations
- 20-23-4-37. Approval of State Board for Reorganization Plan Mandatory; Supplemental Effect of Act
- 20-23-4-38. Dissolution of County Committees Upon Completion of Reorganization
- 20-23-4-39. Donations; Power to Accept
- 20-23-4-40. Budgetary Request of County Committee; Tax Levy
- 20-23-4-41. Repealed
- 20-23-4-42. Deadline to Institute Certain Actions to Enjoin School Construction or the Performance of Any of the Terms and Conditions of a Lease or the Execution, Sale, or Delivery of Bonds
- 20-23-4-43. Amendment of Plan Approved Prior to May 1, 1984
- 20-23-4-44. Tie Votes
- 20-23-4-45. Authorization
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.