2020 Indiana Code
Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure
Article 31. Limited Liability
Chapter 6. Limited Liability for Operators of Roller Skating Rinks
34-31-6-1. Duties of Operators
Sec. 1. An operator shall do all of the following with respect to a roller skating rink:
(1) Post the:
(A) duties of roller skaters; and
(B) duties, obligations, and liabilities of the operator;
as prescribed in this chapter in at least three (3) conspicuous locations in the roller skating rink.
(2) Maintain the stability and legibility of all signs, symbols, and posted notices required by this chapter.
(3) When the roller skating rink is open for a session, have at least one (1) floor supervisor on duty for every one hundred seventy-five (175) roller skaters who:
(A) has received appropriate training to carry out the floor supervisor's duties; and
(B) uses reasonable care in carrying out the floor supervisor's duties.
(4) Maintain the skating surface in proper and reasonably safe condition.
(5) Clean and inspect the skating surface before each skating session.
(6) Maintain in good and safe condition the railings, kickboards, risers, floors, areas open to roller skaters, and walls surrounding the skating surface.
(7) Maintain rental skates in good mechanical condition.
(8) Comply with all applicable state and local fire safety codes, building codes, and other safety codes applicable to a roller skating rink.
(9) Use reasonable care in supervising roller skaters to comply with the requirements of section 2 of this chapter.
[Pre-1998 Recodification Citation: 34-4-43-4.]
As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.27.