2019 Indiana Code
Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure
Article 31. Limited Liability
Chapter 11.4. Limited Liability for Operators of Recreational Facilities
34-31-11.4-2. Duties of operator
Sec. 2. To qualify for limited liability under this chapter, an operator shall do all the following with respect to a recreational facility:
(1) Post the:
(A) duties of recreational users; and
(B) duties, obligations, and liabilities of the operator;
as prescribed in this chapter in at least three (3) conspicuous locations in or along the recreational facility.
(2) Maintain the stability and legibility of all signs, symbols, and posted notices required by this chapter.
(3) This subdivision applies only to a recreational facility located in a building. When the recreational facility is open, at least one (1) floor supervisor must be on duty. A floor supervisor:
(A) must have received appropriate training to carry out the floor supervisor's duties; and
(B) must use reasonable care in carrying out the floor supervisor's duties.
(4) Maintain the floor or surface of the recreational facility in proper and reasonably safe condition.
(5) If the recreational facility is located in a building or includes a building, maintain in good and safe condition the areas of the building open to recreational users.
(6) Maintain equipment in good mechanical condition.
(7) Comply with all applicable state and local fire safety codes, building codes, and other safety codes applicable to a recreational facility.
As added by P.L.95-2015, SEC.5.