2020 Hawaii Revised Statutes
Title 6. County Organization and Administration
53. Urban Renewal Law
PART I. URBAN REDEVELOPMENT ACT
POWERS BY A COUNTY DIRECTLY
- 53-1 Definitions.
- 53-2 Redevelopment agency; creation.
- 53-3 Interest in project prohibited; disclosure of interest.
- 53-4 Removal of members.
- 53-5 Powers and duties of agency.
- 53-6 Initiation and approval of redevelopment plan.
- 53-7 Urban renewal projects in disaster areas.
- 53-8 Acquisition of lands in redevelopment project.
- 53-9 Work on acquired areas; competitive contracts.
- 53-10 Appraisal of lands of agency.
- 53-11 Government instrumentalities to cooperate with agency.
- 53-12 Sale and lease of acquired lands; preference.
- 53-13 New constructions by agency.
- 53-14 Agency exempt from real property taxes.
- 53-15 Financial assistance of agency and office of urban renewal coordinator; redevelopment fund.
- 53-16 Bonds of agency.
- 53-17 Bonds of agency to be legal investments.
- 53-18 Investment of funds.
- 53-19 Report.
- 53-20 Auxiliary redevelopment area.
- 53-21 Auxiliary redevelopment area; displaced persons.
- 53-22 Governmental advances, donations, and other appropriations.
- 53-23 Redevelopment corporations; how created.
- 53-24 Consent of agency to incorporation of redevelopment corporations.
- 53-25 Application of other corporation laws.
- 53-26 Powers of redevelopment corporations.
- 53-27 Limited return on investment.
- 53-28 Consideration for issuance of stocks and bonds.
- 53-29 Minimum amount of stock and debentures.
- 53-30 Income debentures.
- 53-31 Mortgages and mortgage bonds.
- 53-32 Limitations.
- 53-33 Advances by redevelopment corporation.
- 53-34 Regulation of redevelopment corporations.
- 53-35 Transfer of title or foreclosure of project.
- 53-36 Dissolution.
- 53-37 Participation by certain corporations.
- 53-38 Tax exemption.
- 53-39 No limitation of provisions by implication.
- 53-51 Urban renewal projects.
- 53-52 Urban renewal plan.
- 53-53 Powers with respect to urban renewal.
- 53-54 Assistance to urban renewal by counties and other public bodies.
- 53-55 Urban redevelopment coordinator, office created.
- 53-56 Workable program, definition.
- 53-57 Coordinator, appointment, term, removal.
- 53-58 Coordinator, qualifications.
- 53-59 Coordinator, duties and powers.
- 53-60 Ordinance relating to repair, closing, and demolition of dwellings unfit for human habitation.
- 53-61 REPEALED.
POWERS BY A COUNTY DIRECTLY
Chapter cited: 44 H. 154, 174, 352 P.2d 861.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.