2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. UNIFORM UNCLAIMED PROPERTY ACT OLD
TITLE 28. PROPERTY
523A. Unclaimed Property
- 523A-1 to 523A-41 REPEALED.
- 523A-2 Definitions.
- 523A-3 Presumptions of abandonment.
- 523A-3.5 Gift certificates and gift cards.
- 523A-4 Contents of safe deposit box or other safekeeping depository.
- 523A-5 Rules of taking custody.
- 523A-6 Dormancy charge.
- 523A-7 Burden of proof as to property evidenced by record of check or draft.
- 523A-8 Report of abandoned property.
- 523A-9 Payment or delivery of abandoned property.
- 523A-10 Notice and publication of lists of abandoned property.
- 523A-11 Custody by State; recovery by holder; defense of holder.
- 523A-12 Crediting of dividends, interest, and increments to owner's account.
- 523A-13 Public sale of abandoned property.
- 523A-14 Claim of another state to recover property.
- 523A-15 Filing claim with administrator; handling of claims by administrator.
- 523A-16 Action to establish claim.
- 523A-17 Election to take payment or delivery.
- 523A-18 Destruction or disposition of property having no substantial commercial value; immunity from liability.
- 523A-19 Periods of limitation.
- 523A-20 Requests for reports and examination of records.
- 523A-21 Retention of records.
- 523A-22 Enforcement.
- 523A-23 Interstate agreements and cooperation; joint and reciprocal actions with other states.
- 523A-24 Interest and penalties.
- 523A-25 Agreement to locate property.
- 523A-26 Deposit of funds.
- 523A-27 Foreign transactions.
- 523A-28 Transitional provisions.
- 523A-29 Rules.
- 523A-30 Uniformity of application and construction.
- 523A-51 Declaration of policy.
- 523A-52 Definitions.
- 523A-53 Unclaimed property subject to delivery to State; presumptions.
- 523A-54 Request by director of finance for report of previously unreported information.
- 523A-55 Agreement for State's payment of share of costs.
- 523A-56 Posting copy of report; notice of interest and intention to claim; determination of asserted interest.
- 523A-57 State's right unaffected by expiration of time for proceeding.
- 523A-58 Petition for determination of State's right to custody of unclaimed property; venue; service not required.
- 523A-59 Notice of proceedings.
- 523A-60 Answer; disposition of funds on deposit; dismissal without prejudice.
- 523A-61 Application for judgment relating to property not claimed by answer, and finding and declaration thereon.
- 523A-62 Request for delivery or payment of unclaimed property described in judgment; receipts.
- 523A-63 Disposition of property received.
- 523A-64 Undertaking to hold the United States harmless; intervention by state attorney general.
- 523A-65 State rights not affected.
Chapter heading changed by revisor.
Attorney General Opinions
Act 214, L 1996, which amended Hawaii's unclaimed property law to permit escheat of abandoned property, was constitutional; recommendations regarding notice of custodial taking and escheat notice, discussed. Att. Gen. Op. 98-4.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.