2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 9. PUBLIC PROPERTY, PURCHASING AND CONTRACTING
107. Public Improvements
107-22 State building code council.
§107-22 State building code council. (a) There is established a state building code council. The council shall be placed within the department of accounting and general services for administrative purposes only. The council shall consist of nine voting members and one nonvoting member, who shall be the comptroller or the comptroller's designee. The council members shall serve four-year terms as defined in paragraphs (1) to (6). The voting members shall include:
(1) One county building official from each of the four counties appointed by the mayor;
(2) One member representing the state fire council;
(3) One member representing the department of health who has significant experience in building mechanical and sewage disposal systems;
(4) One member representing the department of labor and industrial relations who has significant experience in elevator or fire safety;
(5) One member representing the Structural Engineers Association of Hawaii; and
(6) One member representing the American Institute of Architects, Hawaii State Council.
(b) Six voting members shall constitute a quorum. The chairperson of the council shall be elected annually from among its members by a majority vote of the members of the council.
(c) Members shall serve without compensation, but shall be reimbursed for expenses, including travel expenses necessary for the performance of their duties. [L 2007, c 82, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.