2012 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. LIABILITY; SURVIVAL OF ACTIONS
TITLE 36. CIVIL REMEDIES AND DEFENSES AND SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS
663. Tort Actions
- 663-1 Torts, who may sue and for what.
- 663-1.2 Tort liability for breach of contract; punitive damages.
- 663-1.3 "Ad damnum" clause prohibited.
- 663-1.4 Payment of reasonable attorney's fees and costs in defense of suit.
- 663-1.5 Exception to liability.
- 663-1.6 Duty to assist.
- 663-1.7 Professional society; peer review committee; ethics committee; hospital or clinic quality assurance committee; no liability; exceptions.
- 663-1.8 Chiropractic society; peer review committee; no liability; exceptions.
- 663-1.9 Exception to liability for health care provider, authorized person withdrawing blood or urine at the direction of a police officer.
- 663-1.53 Liability for operation of a family child care home.
- 663-1.54 Recreational activity liability.
- 663-1.55 Volunteer firefighters; limited liability.
- 663-1.56 Conclusive presumptions relating to duty of public entities to warn of dangers at public beach parks.
- 663-1.57 Owner to felon; limited liability.
- 663-1.95 Employers' job reference immunity.]
- 663-2 Defense of lawful detention.
- 663-3 Death by wrongful act.
- 663-4 Actions which survive death of wrongdoer or other person liable.
- 663-5 Death of defendant, continuance of action.
- 663-6 Death of wrongdoer or other person liable prior to suit, time for commencing action against the estate.
- 663-7 Survival of cause of action.
- 663-8 Damages, future earnings.
- 663-8.3 Loss or impairment of earning capacity; damages.
- 663-8.5 Noneconomic damages; defined.
- 663-8.7 Limitation on pain and suffering.
- 663-8.9 Serious emotional distress arising from property damage; cause of action abolished; exception for physical injury.
- 663-9 Liability of animal owners.
- 663-9.1 Exception of animal owners to civil liability.
- 663-9.5 Liability of firearm owners.
- 663-10 Collateral sources; protection for liens and rights of subrogation.
- 663-10.5 Government entity as a tortfeasor; abolition of joint and several liability.
- 663-10.6 Exemption for providing shelter and subsistence to the needy.
- 663-10.7 Exemption for providing emergency access to land, shelter, and subsistence during a disaster.
- 663-10.9 Abolition of joint and several liability; exceptions.
- 663-10.95 Motorsports facilities; waiver of liability.
- 663-10.98 Design professional liability; highways.
- 663-10.99 Trespass; limited liability of agricultural land owner.
- 663-11 Joint tortfeasors defined.
- 663-12 Right of contribution; accrual; pro rata share.
- 663-13 Judgment against one tortfeasor.
- 663-14, 15 REPEALED.
- 663-15.5 Release; joint tortfeasors; co-obligors; good faith settlement.
- 663-16 Indemnity.
- 663-17 Third-party practice; enforcement of right to contribution; unnamed defendants and third party defendants.
PROPERTY DAMAGE CASES
- 663-21 Advance payments not admission.
- 663-22 Reduction of award.]
- 663-23 Refund of payments.]
- 663-24 Effect on insurance.]
- 663-31 Contributory negligence no bar; comparative negligence; findings of fact and special verdicts.
UNDER AGE TWENTY-ONE
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.