2021 Georgia Code
Title 9 - Civil Practice
Chapter 17 - Georgia Uniform Mediation Act
§ 9-17-6. Limited Disclosures by Mediators
- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this Code section, a mediator shall not make a report, assessment, evaluation, recommendation, finding, or other communication regarding a mediation to a court, administrative agency, or other authority that may make a ruling on the dispute that is the subject of the mediation.
- A mediator may disclose:
- Whether the mediation occurred or has terminated, whether a settlement was reached, and attendance;
- A mediation communication as permitted under Code Section 9-17-5; or
- A mediation communication evidencing abuse, neglect, abandonment, or exploitation of an individual to a public agency responsible for protecting individuals against such mistreatment.
- A communication made in violation of subsection (a) of this Code section may not be considered by a court, administrative agency, or arbitrator.
(Code 1981, §9-17-6, enacted by Ga. L. 2021, p. 646, § 2/SB 234.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.