2021 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 9 - Speed Restrictions
- § 40-6-180. Basic Rules
- § 40-6-181. Maximum Limits
- § 40-6-182. Establishment of State Speed Zones
- § 40-6-183. Alteration of Speed Limits by Local Authorities
- § 40-6-184. Impeding Traffic Flow; Minimum Speed Limits; Slower Driving in a Passing Lane
- § 40-6-185. Speed Limits on Bridges and Other Elevated Structures
- § 40-6-186. Racing on Highways or Streets
- § 40-6-187. Charging Violations; Sentence to Specify Amount by Which Speed Limit Exceeded
- § 40-6-188. Highway Work Zones; Reduction in Speed; Signage
- § 40-6-189. Classification as Super Speeder; Fees
OPINIONS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
Prosecuting legislators for speeding violations.
- There is no constitutional immunity for members of the General Assembly from prosecution for speeding violations or other violations of the criminal law. 1985 Op. Att'y Gen. No. U85-50.
- Applicability of motor vehicle regulations to public officials or employees, 19 A.L.R. 459; 23 A.L.R. 418.
Driving automobile at a speed which prevents stopping within length of vision as negligence, 44 A.L.R. 1403; 58 A.L.R. 1493; 87 A.L.R. 900; 97 A.L.R. 546.
Excessive speed of automobile as affecting question whether excavation or other defect in highway is the proximate cause of accident, 82 A.L.R. 294.
Inference or presumption that owner of motor vehicle was its driver at time of traffic, driving, or parking offense, 49 A.L.R.2d 456.
Meaning of "residence district," "business district," "school area," and the like, in statutes and ordinances regulating speed of motor vehicles, 50 A.L.R.2d 343.
Construction, application, and effect, in civil motor vehicle accident cases, of "slow speed" traffic statutes prohibiting driving at such a slow speed as to create danger, to impede normal traffic movement, or the like, 66 A.L.R.2d 1194.
Custom or practice of drivers of motor vehicles as affecting question of negligence, 77 A.L.R.2d 1327.
Speed, alone or in connection with other circumstances, as gross negligence, wantonness, recklessness, or the like, under automobile guest statute, 6 A.L.R.3d 769.
Legal aspects of speed bumps, 60 A.L.R.4th 1249.