There is a newer version of this Section
2021 Georgia Code
Title 21 - Elections
Chapter 2 - Elections and Primaries Generally
Article 2 - Supervisory Boards and Officers
Part 2 - Secretary of State
§ 21-2-50.2. Obligations of the State Under the Federal Help America Vote Act of 2002
Universal Citation: GA Code § 21-2-50.2 (2021)
- The Secretary of State, as the chief election official designated under the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002, shall be responsible for coordinating the obligations of the state under the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002.
- As the chief election official, the Secretary of State is authorized to promulgate rules and regulations to establish administrative complaint procedures as required under Section 402 of Title IV of the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002, which prescribes a process to remedy only those grievances filed under Title III of such federal act.
- Election related complaints filed with the Secretary of State alleging violations of Title III of the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002 shall not be subject to hearing procedures of Chapter 13 of Title 50, the "Georgia Administrative Procedure Act," but shall be resolved pursuant to rules and regulations promulgated under subsection (b) of this Code section whereby the Secretary of State shall have the authority to issue a final order for complaints filed under the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002.
(Code 1981, §21-2-50.2, enacted by Ga. L. 2003, p. 517, § 4.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 26 Am. Jur. 2d., Elections, § 307.C.J.S.
- 29 C.J.S., Elections, § 261.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.