2021 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 11 - Georgia Tech Research Institute
- § 20-11-1. Creation; Research Institute and Field Offices
- § 20-11-2. Duties
- § 20-11-3. Center for Industrial Development; Industrial Extension Service Field Offices or Substations
- § 20-11-4. Bulletins
- § 20-11-5. Appropriations for Research Institute; Payment
- § 20-11-6. Conformance to Conditions of Federal Aid
- § 20-11-7. Change of Name to "Georgia Tech Research institute."
- Ga. L. 1984, p. 1675, § 1 enacted Code Section 20-11-7, which authorized the President of the Georgia Institute of Technology to change the name of the Engineering Experiment Station to the Georgia Tech Research Institute. Section 2 of the 1984 Act provided as follows: "If the President of the Georgia Institute of Technology exercises the authority provided by quoted Code Section 20-11-7 of Section 1 of this Act, then on the effective date of the change in the name of the Engineering Experiment Station to the Georgia Tech Research Institute, as shown on the notice sent to the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia and to the Secretary of State as provided by said Code Section 20-11-7, the words 'Engineering Experiment Station' shall be stricken wherever the same appear in Code Sections 20-11-1 through 20-11-6 of Chapter 11 of Title 20 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated and the words 'Georgia Tech Research Institute' shall be inserted in lieu of said stricken words." The written notification from the President of the Georgia Institute of Technology stated that the effective date of the change of name would be October 1, 1984. The Code sections in this chapter were further amended by Ga. L. 1985, p. 149, § 20, effective February 12, 1985, to confirm the Ga. L. 1984, p. 1675, § 1 changes and to make further conforming revisions.