There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Georgia Code
Title 51 - Torts
Chapter 15 - Asbestos Claims
§ 51-15-3. Domestic or Foreign Corporation as Successor; Exemption From Limitations
Universal Citation: GA Code § 51-15-3 (2020)
- The limitations contained in Code Section 51-15-4 apply to a domestic or foreign corporation that is a successor and became a successor before January 1, 1972, or is any of that successor corporation's successor corporation.
- The limitations contained in Code Section 51-15-4 do not apply to:
- Any claim against a corporation that does not constitute a successor asbestos related liability;
- An insurance corporation;
- Any obligations under the federal National Labor Relations Act or under any collective bargaining agreement; or
- A successor that, after a merger or consolidation, continued in the business of mining asbestos, in the business of selling or distributing asbestos fibers, or in the business of manufacturing, distributing, removing, or installing asbestos-containing products that were the same or substantially the same as those products previously manufactured, distributed, removed, or installed by the transferor.
(Code 1981, §51-15-3, enacted by Ga. L. 2007, p. 4, § 2/SB 182.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.