2020 Georgia Code
Title 46 - Public Utilities and Public Transportation
Chapter 8 - Railroad Companies
Article 12 - Street, Suburban, and Interurban Railroads
- § 46-8-330. "Interurban Railroads" Defined
- § 46-8-331. Incorporation, Control, and Management of Interurban, Suburban, and Street Railroads
- § 46-8-332. Power of Street, Suburban, or Interurban Railroad Corporation to Increase Capital Stock; Manner of Increase
- § 46-8-333. Use of Electricity, Gasoline, or Gas by Street, Suburban, and Interurban Railroads; Operation of Gas and Electric Plants, Generation and Furnishing of Gas and Electricity by Railroads
- § 46-8-334. Purchase, Mortgage, Transfer, or Disposal of Capital Stock, Bonds, or Other Indebtedness; Acquisition of Property, Rights, and Franchises
- § 46-8-335. Time of Effectiveness of Guaranty or Acquisition of Stock, Property, and Franchises; Protection of Rights of Dissenting Stockholders
- § 46-8-336. Manner of Acquiring Property, Franchises, and Rights; Nature of Rights and Privileges of Purchasing or Consolidated Corporation; Secretary of State's Certificate as Evidence of Existence of Corporation
- § 46-8-337. Issuance of Bonds, Notes, or Other Indebtedness by Consolidated Corporation; Pledge of Security
- § 46-8-338. Tax Exemption for Property and Capital Stock of Street, Suburban, or Interurban Railroad Companies With Tracks and Appurtenances Extended Into Adjoining State
- § 46-8-339. Authority of Street, Suburban, and Interurban Railroad Companies to Furnish Steam for Heating and Power Purposes and to Lay and Maintain Steampipes
- § 46-8-340. Free Transportation for Policemen, Firemen, and Other Members of Municipal and County Utility Departments by Street, Suburban, and Interurban Railroad Companies
- § 46-8-341. Lease and Sale of Roads, Franchises, and Property Between Street, Suburban, and Interurban Railroad Companies; Property Purchaser's Liability for Debts and Claims Against Lessor or Vendor
- § 46-8-342. Acquisition, Sale, Operation, Transfer, or Disposal of Motor Buses and Trackless Trolleys by Street, Suburban, and Interurban Railroad Companies
- § 46-8-343. Utilization of Trackless Trolleys by Street, Suburban, or Interurban Railroad Companies
- § 46-8-344. Sale of Street, Suburban, or Interurban Railroad and Bus Transportation Operations by Companies Engaged in Operating Electric Generating Plants, Generally
- § 46-8-345. Consent by Municipality to Sale of Street, Suburban, or Interurban Railroad and Bus Properties and Franchises; Hearing for Approval of Sale; Filing of Board Resolution, Resolution of Municipality, and Order of Approval
- § 46-8-346. Effect of Sale on Corporate Existence, Powers, and Liabilities of Company
- § 46-8-347. Adoption of Chapter by Railroad Companies
- § 46-8-348. Jurisdiction of Commission Over Interurban Railroads; Applicability of Laws Pertaining to Other Railroad Companies; Existing Contracts Between Municipalities and Railroad Companies; Fares Established by Contract Prior to August 16, 1921
- Liability of street railway company to passenger struck by a vehicle not subject to its control, 1 A.L.R. 953; 12 A.L.R. 1371; 31 A.L.R. 572; 44 A.L.R. 162.
Status as street car passenger of person transferring from one car to another, 22 A.L.R. 315.
Duty to run a street car or train at a speed that will not prevent its being stopped within the distance covered by its own lights, 29 A.L.R. 1045.
Power of Public Service Commission with respect to regulation of street railways, 39 A.L.R. 1517.
Liability for injuries due to collision between street car and automobile at street intersection, 46 A.L.R. 1000.
Liability for striking one who alighted from vehicle in path approaching street car, 46 A.L.R. 1184.
Street easements as a factor in fixing a rate base for a street railway company, 49 A.L.R. 1477.
Liability for collision between street car and vehicle driven ahead of or toward it along or close to the track, 63 A.L.R. 10; 102 A.L.R. 716.
Change from street cars to motorbuses as affecting rights as between street railway companies and abutting owners or owners across whose property the company has a right of way, 102 A.L.R. 391.
Validity, construction, and application of municipal ordinances relating to loading or unloading passengers by interurban busses on streets, 144 A.L.R. 1119.