2020 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 16 - Coroners
Article 3 - Georgia Coroner's Training Council
§ 45-16-64. Council Officers; Quorum; Record Keeping; Annual Reports
- The council at its initial meeting, which shall be held promptly after the appointment of its members, shall elect from among its members a chairman and a vice-chairman who shall serve until the first meeting in the succeeding year. Thereafter, the chairman and the vice-chairman shall be elected at the first meeting of each calendar year.
- The superintendent of the Georgia Police Academy or his designee shall serve as secretary to the council.
- A simple majority of the councilmembers shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
- The council shall maintain minutes of its meetings and such other records as it deems necessary.
- The council shall report at least annually to the Board of Public Safety and to the General Assembly as to its activities.
(Code 1981, §45-16-64, enacted by Ga. L. 1985, p. 797, § 1; Ga. L. 1987, p. 340, § 2; Ga. L. 1990, p. 1967, § 1; Ga. L. 2002, p. 415, § 45.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.