2020 Georgia Code
Title 34 - Labor and Industrial Relations
Chapter 9 - Workers' Compensation
Article 4 - Insurance of Compensation Liability Generally
§ 34-9-127. Issuance by Board of Certificate of Self-Insurance; Review; Revocation
- Whenever an employer has complied with those provisions of Code Section 34-9-121 relating to self-insurance, the board shall issue to such employer a certificate which shall remain in force for a period fixed by the board.
- The board shall have the authority to review the self-insured status of an employer after a merger or acquisition involving the employer.
- The board may, upon at least 30 days' notice to the employer, and proof of receipt of same, and after a hearing, revoke the certificate upon satisfactory evidence for such revocation having been presented. At any time after such revocation, the board may grant a new certificate to the employer upon the employer's petition.
(Ga. L. 1920, p. 167, § 68; Code 1933, § 114-604; Ga. L. 1999, p. 817, § 2; Ga. L. 2010, p. 126, § 3/HB 1101.)Law reviews.
- For annual survey of law on labor and employment law, see 62 Mercer L. Rev. 181 (2010).
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 82 Am. Jur. 2d, Workers' Compensation, §§ 624, 627.C.J.S.
- 100 C.J.S., Workers' Compensation, § 800 et seq.