2020 Georgia Code
Title 31 - Health
Chapter 2 - Department of Community Health
- § 31-2-1. Legislative Intent; Grant of Authority
- § 31-2-2. Definitions
- § 31-2-3. Board of Community Health Reconstituted; Powers, Functions, and Duties; Terms of Board Members; Vacancies; Removal; Chairperson; Expenses
- § 31-2-4. Department's Powers, Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities; Divisions; Directors; Contracts for Health Benefits
- § 31-2-5. Transfer of Personnel and Functions; Conforming to Federal Standards of Personnel Administration; Existing Procedures, Regulations, and Agreements; Rules Adoption and Implementation
- § 31-2-6. Commissioner of Community Health Created; Creation of Divisions; Allocation of Functions
- § 31-2-7. (See Editor's notes.) Rules and Regulations; Variances and Waivers to Rules and Regulations Establishing Licensure Standards for Facilities; Exemption of Classes of Facilities From Regulation
- § 31-2-8. Actions Against Certain Applicants or Licensees
- § 31-2-9. Records Check Requirement for Certain Health Care Facilities; Definitions; Use of Information Gathered in Investigation; Penalties for Unauthorized Release or Disclosure; Rules and Regulations; Retention of Fingerprints
- § 31-2-10. Information and Comparisons Regarding State-Wide Cost and Quality of Health Care
- § 31-2-11. Biopharmaceuticals; Expedited Review for Georgia Based Companies
- § 31-2-12. Pilot Program to Provide Coverage for Bariatric Surgical Procedures for Treatment of Obesity and Related Conditions; Definitions; Eligibility; Requirements; Evaluation Report on Two-Year Pilot Program
- § 31-2-13. Inspection Warrant
- § 31-2-14. Nurse Aide Registry; Complaint Filing; Public Access
- § 31-2-15. Streamlining and Expediting Credentialing and Billing Processes
- § 31-2-16. Rural Health System Innovation Center Created; Purposes and Duties; Reporting
- § 31-2-17. Redesignated
- § 31-2-17.1. Redesignated
- § 31-2-18. Redesignated
- § 31-2-19. Advisory Council for Public Health; Members; Meetings
- § 31-2-20. Public Health Commission; Members; Purpose; Authority
- Ga. L. 2009, p. 453, § 1-1/HB 228, effective July 1, 2009, redesignated former Chapter 5A of Title 31 as present Chapter 2 of Title 31 and combined it with former Chapter 2 of Title 31.Administrative Rules and Regulations.
- General licensing and enforcement requirements, Official Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Department of Community Health, Healthcare Facility Regulation, Chapter 111-8-25.
Personal care homes, Official Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Department of Community Health, Healthcare Facility Regulation, Chapter 111-8-62.Law reviews.
- For article, "The Case for Streamlining Emergency Declaration Authorities and Adapting Legal Requirements to Ever-Changing Public Health Threats," see 67 Emory L.J. 397 (2018). For article, "Do State Lines Make Public Health Emergencies Worse? Federal Versus State Control of Quarantine," see 67 Emory L.J. 491 (2018).JUDICIAL DECISIONS
Cited in Porubiansky v. Emory Univ., 156 Ga. App. 602, 275 S.E.2d 163 (1980).
- Liability of governmental agency for emergency medical or surgical services rendered to poor person without its express authority, 30 A.L.R. 900.