There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Georgia Code
Title 31 - Health
Chapter 2 - Department of Community Health
§ 31-2-20. Public Health Commission; Members; Purpose; Authority
Universal Citation: GA Code § 31-2-20 (2020)
Repealed by Ga. L. 2009, p. 453, § 1-1/HB 228, effective December 31, 2010.Editor's notes.
- This Code section was based on Code 1981, § 31-2-20, enacted by Ga. L. 2009, p. 453, § 1-1/HB 228.CHAPTER 2A DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH Article 1 General Provisions.
- 31-2A-1. Creation of Board of Public Health; powers, duties, and functions of Board of Community Health transferred to the Board of Public Health; board composition and terms; vacancies, removal; chairperson; reimbursement of expenses.
- 31-2A-2. Creation of Department of Public Health; transition of powers, function, and duties to new agency; commissioner of public health; creation of divisions.
- 31-2A-3. Department of Public Health successor to certain rules, regulations, policies, procedures, administrative orders, rights, interests, and obligations of Department of Community Health.
- 31-2A-4. Obligation to safeguard and promote health of people of the state.
- 31-2A-5. Office of Women's Health; duties.
- 31-2A-6. Rules and regulations.
- 31-2A-7. "Conviction data" defined; department authorized to receive data from law enforcement relevant to employment decisions; criminal history information; retention of fingerprints.
- 31-2A-8. Department as agency of state for receipt and administration of federal and other funds.
- 31-2A-9. Studies and surveys of programs.
- 31-2A-10. Venue of actions against department or board.
- 31-2A-11. Standards for sewage management systems.
- 31-2A-12. Rules and regulations governing operation of land disposal sites for septic tank waste from one business [Repealed].
- 31-2A-13. Diabetes coordinator; central repository for data related to prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- 31-2A-14. Georgia Diabetes Control Grant Program; advisory committee; administration of authorized grant programs; grant criteria.
- 31-2A-15. Additional duties of commissioner; authority to convene expert panels and consult with experts.
- 31-2A-16. Maternal Mortality Review Committee established.
- 31-2A-17. Alzheimer's Disease Registry established; purpose; procedures; rules and regulations; confidentiality of data.
- 31-2A-18. Establishment of the Low THC Oil Patient Registry; definitions; purpose; registration cards; semiannual reports; waiver forms; annual review and recommendations.
- 31-2A-19. Creation of Joint Study Commission on Low THC Medical Oil Access; membership; operation; reporting; abolishment [Repealed].
- 31-2A-30. Legislative authority [Repealed].
- 31-2A-31. Definitions.
- 31-2A-32. Positive Alternatives for Pregnancy and Parenting Grant Program.
- 31-2A-33. Administration and duties.
- 31-2A-34. Services funded by program.
- 31-2A-35. Grants.
- 31-2A-36. Criteria for grant consideration.
- 31-2A-37. Record maintenance and reporting.
- 31-2A-38. Confidentiality.
- 31-2A-39. Annual audit.
- 31-2A-40. Reports to the General Assembly.
- 31-2A-41. Acceptance of donations, contributions, and gifts.
- 31-2A-50. Legislative findings.
- 31-2A-51. Definitions.
- 31-2A-52. Approval as designated perinatal facility; establishing criteria for levels of maternal and neonatal care.
- 31-2A-53. Application process; review and redesignation of facilities; failure to comply with criteria.
- 31-2A-54. Listing of designated facilities; self-assessment tool.
- 31-2A-55. Provisions are not medical care; individualized care and treatment.
- 31-2A-56. Advertisement prohibited unless designated by department.
- 31-2A-57. Regulatory authority.
- For article on the 2011 enactment of this chapter, see 28 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 147 (2011). For article, "Do State Lines Make Public Health Emergencies Worse? Federal Versus State Control of Quarantine," see 67 Emory L.J. 491 (2018).
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The existing provisions of Chapter 2A were designated as Article 1 of Chapter 2A by Ga. L. 2016, p. 214, § 1/SB 308, effective July 1, 2016.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.