2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 11 - Offenses Against Public Order and Safety
Article 4 - Dangerous Instrumentalities and Practices
Part 1 - General Provisions
§ 16-11-104. Discharge of Firearms on Property of Another
- It shall be unlawful for any person to fire or discharge a firearm on the property of another person, firm, or corporation without having first obtained permission from the owner or lessee of the property. This Code section shall not apply to:
- Persons who fire or discharge a firearm in defense of person or property; and
- Law enforcement officers.
- Any person who violates subsection (a) of this Code section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(Code 1933, § 26-2909.1, enacted by Ga. L. 1977, p. 1333, § 1.)OPINIONS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
There is no restriction against carrying an unloaded shotgun in a vehicle through this state. 1970 Op. Att'y Gen. No. U70-30.
- 94 C.J.S., Weapons, § 62 et seq.