2020 Delaware Code
Title 12 - Decedents' Estates and Fiduciary Relations
Chapter 2. General Provisions
Subchapter III. Disposition of a Person’s Last Remains
§ 261 Limitations.
This subchapter shall not be construed to:
(1) Invalidate a declaration instrument or will, codicil, trust, power of appointment or power of attorney;
(2) Invalidate any act of an agent, guardian, or conservator;
(3) Affect any claim, right or remedy that accrued prior to June 30, 2004;
(4) Authorize or encourage acts that violate the constitution, statutes, rules, case law or public policy of Delaware or the United States;
(5) Abridge contracts;
(6) Modify the standards, ethics or protocols of the practice of medicine;
(7) Compel or authorize a health care provider or health care facility, to administer medical treatment that is medically inappropriate or contrary to federal or other Delaware law; or
(8) Permit or authorize euthanasia or an affirmative or deliberate act to end a person's life.