2019 Delaware Code
Title 25 - Property
Chapter 49. Self-Service Storage Facilities
§ 4902 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following words shall have the following meaning:
(1) “Electronic mail” means communication delivered by electronic means as set forth in § 107(a)(1)a. and b. of Title 18.
(2) “Last-known address” means that address provided by the occupant in the latest rental agreement or the address provided by the occupant in a subsequent written notice of a change of address.
(3) “Occupant” means a person, that person’s sublessee, successor or assign, entitled to the use of the storage space at a self-service storage facility under a rental agreement, to the exclusion of others.
(4) “Owner” means the owner, operator, lessor or sublessor of a self-service storage facility, his agent or any other person authorized by him or her to manage the facility or to receive rent from an occupant under a rental agreement.
(5) “Personal property” means movable property not affixed to land and includes, but is not limited to, goods, merchandise and household items.
(6) “Rental agreement” means any agreement or lease, written or oral, that establishes or modifies the terms, conditions, rules or any other provisions concerning the use and occupancy of a self-service storage facility.
(7) “Self-service storage facility” means any real property designed and used for the purpose of renting or leasing individual storage space to occupants who are to have access to such for the purpose of storing and removing personal property. No occupant shall use a self-service storage facility for residential purposes. A self-service storage facility is not a warehouse as used in Article 7 of Title 6. If an owner issues any warehouse receipt, bill of lading or other document of title for the personal property stored, the owner and the occupant are subject to Article 7 of Title 6, and this chapter does not apply.
(8) “Verified mail” means any method of mailing that is offered by the United States Postal Service or private delivery service that provides evidence of mailing.
62 Del. Laws, c. 364, § 1; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1; 80 Del. Laws, c. 266, § 1; 80 Del. Laws, c. 266, § 1.