2019 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 803* - Termination of Parental Rights and Adoption
TERMINATION AND ADOPTION IN GENERAL
- Section 45a-706 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61a). Rule of construction.
- Section 45a-707 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61b). Definitions.
- Section 45a-708 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61e). Guardian ad litem for minor or incompetent parent.
- Section 45a-709 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61k). Validity of proceedings prior to statutory changes.
- Section 45a-710 to 45a-714 - Reserved for future use.
TERMINATION OF PARENTAL RIGHTS
- Section 45a-715 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61c). Petition to terminate parental rights. Cooperative postadoption agreements.
- Section 45a-716 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61d). Hearing on petition to terminate parental rights. Notice. Attorney General as party.
- Section 45a-717 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61f). Termination of parental rights. Conduct of hearing. Investigation and report. Grounds for termination.
- Section 45a-718 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61h). Appointment and duties of statutory parent. Removal or resignation.
- Section 45a-719 - Reopening judgment terminating parental rights. Best interest of child. Final decree of adoption.
- Section 45a-720 to 45a-723 - Reserved for future use.
- Section 45a-724 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61i). Who may give child in adoption.
- Section 45a-724a - Placement for adoption with child-placing agency by Commissioner of Children and Families.
- Section 45a-725 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61j). When child free for adoption.
- Section 45a-726 - (Formerly Sec. 45-61l). Placement of adoptive children by Commissioner of Children and Families or child-placing agency.
- Section 45a-726a - Consideration of sexual orientation of prospective adoptive or foster parent.
- Section 45a-726b - Recruitment of minority families not to delay placement of adoptive child.
- Section 45a-726c - Term “adoptive parent” substituted for “adopting parent”.
- Section 45a-727 - (Formerly Sec. 45-63). Application and agreement for adoption. Investigation, report. Adoptive parents entitled to receive copy of records and other information re history of child. Assessment of fees. Hearing and decree.
- Section 45a-727a - Legislative findings re best interests of child.
- Section 45a-727b - Endorsement of rights and responsibilities of unmarried persons to child subject to adoption, but not marriage or union of such persons.
- Section 45a-728 - (Formerly Sec. 45-63b). Regulations re adoption placement of children identified or located by prospective parents.
- Section 45a-728a - Participation in birth and visitation of newborn identified for adoption by prospective adoptive parents.
- Section 45a-728b - Discharge of newborn identified for adoption from hospital. Prospective adoptive parents permitted to attend hospital programs re infant care.
- Section 45a-728c - Payment of expenses of birth mother by prospective adoptive parents.
- Section 45a-728d - Advertising by birth parent and prospective adoptive parent for purpose of identified adoption.
- Section 45a-729 - (Formerly Sec. 45-63c). Penalty for violation of provisions re adoption placement.
- Section 45a-730 - (Formerly Sec. 45-63d). Validation of foreign adoption. Petition filed in Probate Court.
- Section 45a-731 - (Formerly Sec. 45-64a). Effects of final decree of adoption. Surviving rights.
- Section 45a-731a - Issuance of final adoption decree notwithstanding death of child.
- Section 45a-732 - (Formerly Sec. 45-62). Husband and wife to join in adoption.
- Section 45a-733 - (Formerly Sec. 45-63a). Procedure on application for adoption by stepparent or person who shares parental responsibility with the parent of a child.
- Section 45a-734 - (Formerly Sec. 45-67). Adoption of adults. Inheritance.
- Section 45a-735 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68). Husband or wife of adopted adult to consent.
- Section 45a-736 - (Formerly Sec. 45-66a). Change of name of adopted person.
- Section 45a-737 - (Formerly Sec. 45-66b). Obliteration of original name on institutional records, new name substituted.
- Section 45a-738 to 45a-742 - Reserved for future use.
AVAILABILITY AND CONFIDENTIALITYOF ADOPTION RECORDS
- Section 45a-743 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68c). Definitions.
- Section 45a-744 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68b). Legislative policy.
- Section 45a-745 - (Formerly Sec. 45a-68a). Adoption record.
- Section 45a-746 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68e). Information available to adoptive parents and adult adopted or adoptable person.
- Section 45a-747 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68f). Information regarding adoption completed before October 1, 1977.
- Section 45a-748 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68g). Agency or department to make effort to obtain information.
- Section 45a-749 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68h). Request for information.
- Section 45a-750 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68i). Identifying information.
- Section 45a-751 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68j). Release of identifying information by child-placing agency or department.
- Section 45a-751a - Conditions re release of information. Counseling.
- Section 45a-751b - Disclosure of identifying information. Consent required. Exception.
- Section 45a-751c - Order directing issuance of uncertified copy of original birth certificate.
- Section 45a-752 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68k). Appeal to Probate Court. Advisory panel. Report. Hearing. Decision.
- Section 45a-753 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68l). Obtaining consent of person whose identity is requested. Petition to court.
- Section 45a-754 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68m). Records related to termination of parental rights, removal of parent as guardian, appointment of statutory parent, adoption matters, temporary guardianship and emancipation of minors. Confidentiality. Exceptions.
- Section 45a-755 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68o). Registries. Filing of registration.
- Section 45a-756 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68p). Agreement to release identifying information. Notification. Fee.
- Section 45a-757 - (Formerly Sec. 45-68n). Records maintained on a permanent basis.
- Section 45a-758 to 45a-762 - Reserved for future use.
ADOPTION REVIEW BOARD
*See chapter 319a re child welfare.
Annotations to former chapter 778:
Adoption agreements not required to be witnessed or acknowledged. 129 C. 239. Cited. 179 C. 155. Expresses legislative intent that no person shall acquire parental status unless certain formalities are observed. 180 C. 114. Cited. 198 C. 138.
Annotation to present chapter:
Cited. 40 CA 675.