2018 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 46b - Family Law
Chapter 815j* - Dissolution of Marriage, Legal Separation and Annulment
- Section 46b-40 - (Formerly Sec. 46-32). Grounds for dissolution of marriage; legal separation; annulment.
- Section 46b-41 - (Formerly Sec. 46-36a). Complaint includes cross-complaints or cross actions.
- Section 46b-42 - (Formerly Sec. 46-33). Jurisdiction.
- Section 46b-43 - (Formerly Sec. 46-34). Capacity of minor to prosecute or defend.
- Section 46b-44 - (Formerly Sec. 46-35). Residency requirement.
- Section 46b-44a - Filing of joint petition for nonadversarial dissolution of marriage. Procedure.
- Section 46b-44b - Revocation of joint petition for nonadversarial dissolution of marriage. Effect.
- Section 46b-44c - Disposition of nonadversarial dissolution of marriage; entry of decree of dissolution of marriage.
- Section 46b-44d - Review of settlement agreement in nonadversarial dissolution of marriage. Appearance of parties required; exceptions. Matters placed on the regular family docket.
- Section 46b-45 - (Formerly Sec. 46-36). Service and filing of complaint. Waiver of service.
- Section 46b-45a - Allegation of pregnancy in pleadings. Disagreement as to paternity. Hearing.
- Section 46b-46 - (Formerly Sec. 46-39). Notice to nonresident party. Jurisdiction over nonresident for alimony and support.
- Section 46b-47 - (Formerly Sec. 46-40). Complaint for dissolution of marriage on ground of confinement for mental illness; procedure.
- Section 46b-48 - (Formerly Sec. 46-37). Dissolution of marriage or annulment upon conviction of crime against chastity; procedure.
- Section 46b-49 - (Formerly Sec. 46-45). Private hearing.
- Section 46b-50 - (Formerly Sec. 46-46). Number of witnesses in uncontested action.
- Section 46b-51 - (Formerly Sec. 46-48). Stipulation of parties and finding of irretrievable breakdown.
- Section 46b-52 - Recrimination and condonation abolished.
- Section 46b-53 - (Formerly Sec. 46-41). Conciliation procedures; privileged communications.
- Section 46b-53a - Mediation program for persons filing for dissolution of marriage. Privileged communications.
- Section 46b-54 - (Formerly Sec. 46-43). Appointment of counsel or guardian ad litem for a minor child. Duties. Best interests of the child.
- Section 46b-55 - (Formerly Sec. 46-63). Attorney General as party. Paternity establishment.
- Section 46b-56 - (Formerly Sec. 46-42). Orders re custody, care, education, visitation and support of children. Best interests of the child. Access to records of minor child by noncustodial parent. Orders re therapy, counseling and drug or alcohol screening.
- Section 46b-56a - Joint custody. Definition. Presumption. Conciliation. Parental responsibility plan. Modification of orders.
- Section 46b-56b - Presumption re best interest of child to be in custody of parent.
- Section 46b-56c - Educational support orders.
- Section 46b-56d - Relocation of parent with minor child. Burden of proof. Factors considered by court.
- Section 46b-56e - Orders of custody or visitation re children of deploying parent.
- Section 46b-56f - Emergency ex parte order of custody.
- Section 46b-57 - (Formerly Sec. 46-47). Third party intervention re custody of minor children. Preference of child.
- Section 46b-58 - (Formerly Sec. 46-58). Custody, maintenance and education of adopted children.
- Section 46b-59 - Petition for right of visitation with minor child. Order for payment of fees.
- Section 46b-59a - Mediation of disputes re enforcement of visitation rights.
- Section 46b-59b - Court may not grant visitation to parent convicted of murder. Exception.
- Section 46b-60 - (Formerly Sec. 46-55). Orders re children and alimony in annulment cases.
- Section 46b-61 - (Formerly Sec. 46-62). Orders re children where parents live separately. Commencement of proceedings.
- Section 46b-62 - Orders for payment of attorney's fees and fees of guardian ad litem in certain actions. Limitations on orders for payment of fees to counsel or guardian ad litem for a minor child. Methodology for calculating fees on sliding-scale basis.
- Section 46b-63 - (Formerly Sec. 46-60). Restoration of birth name or former name of spouse.
- Section 46b-64 - (Formerly Sec. 46-64c). Orders of court prior to return day of complaint.
- Section 46b-65 - (Formerly Sec. 46-61). Filing of declaration of resumption of marital relations; dissolution of marriage after legal separation decree when no declaration filed.
- Section 46b-66 - (Formerly Sec. 46-49). Review of final agreement; incorporation into decree. Arbitration.
- Section 46b-66a - Order of court re conveyance of title to real property. Effect of decree.
- Section 46b-67 - (Formerly Sec. 46-44). Waiting period. Filing of motion to waive waiting period. Effect of decree.
- Section 46b-68 - (Formerly Sec. 46-64). Reports to Department of Public Health re dissolutions of marriage and annulments.
- Section 46b-69 - (Formerly Sec. 46-64b). Statutes applicable to matrimonial actions.
- Section 46b-69a - Wage executions and earning assignments.
- Section 46b-69b - Parenting education program.
- Section 46b-69c - Advisory committee. Recommendations to Judicial Department.
ENFORCEMENT OF FOREIGN MATRIMONIAL JUDGMENTS
- Section 46b-70 - Foreign matrimonial judgment defined.
- Section 46b-71 - Filing of foreign matrimonial judgment; enforcement in this state.
- Section 46b-72 - Notification of filing.
- Section 46b-73 - Stay of enforcement; modifications; hearing.
- Section 46b-74 - Right to action on judgment unimpaired.
- Section 46b-75 - Uniformity of interpretation.
- Section 46b-76 to 46b-79 - Reserved for future use.
SUPPORT OF CHILD AND SPOUSE.TRANSFER OF PROPERTY
- Section 46b-80 - (Formerly Sec. 46-38). Prejudgment remedies available; lis pendens; notice; effect.
- Section 46b-81 - (Formerly Sec. 46-51). Assignment of property and transfer of title.
- Section 46b-82 - (Formerly Sec. 46-52). Alimony.
- Section 46b-83 - (Formerly Sec. 46-50). Alimony, support and use of family home or other residential dwelling unit awarded pendente lite. Voluntary leaving of family home by one parent.
- Section 46b-84 - (Formerly Sec. 46-57). Parents' obligation for maintenance of minor child. Order for health insurance coverage.
- Section 46b-85 - (Formerly Sec. 46-53). Order for support of mentally ill spouse.
- Section 46b-86 - (Formerly Sec. 46-54). Modification of alimony or support orders and judgments.
- Section 46b-87 - (Formerly Sec. 46-56). Contempt of orders.
- Section 46b-87a - Forms and instructions for application for contempt order based on violation of visitation order.
- Section 46b-88 - National Medical Support Notice. Duties of issuing agency, employer and administrator of group health plan.
- Section 46b-89 - Reserved for future use.
*Annotations to former chapters 810 and 811:
Cited. 168 C. 579.
Person not a party to divorce proceedings may not collaterally attack divorce decree unless he had legally protected interest adversely affected by decree. 23 CS 275. In absence of divorce, husband has primary obligation of paying for support, medical care and burial of wife, and person advancing money for those purposes can recover from husband; such person has legally protected interest adversely affected by purported divorce decree and may attack its validity. Id., 306. Superior Court, having obtained jurisdiction over the custody of minor children in a dissolution of marriage action, retains jurisdiction over their custody even though one parent subsequently dies. 31 CS 188. State's public policy re permissible grounds for divorce in recognizing foreign decrees evaluated as of date of Connecticut hearing, hence irretrievable breakdown allowable. Id., 344. Cited. 32 CS 92; 33 CS 44.
Annotations to present chapter:
Cited. 185 C. 156; 188 C. 385; 241 C. 767.
Cited. 5 CA 95; 20 CA 500; 22 CA 337; 26 CA 737.