2018 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 46b - Family Law
Chapter 815f - Civil Union
- Section 46b-38aa to 46b-38oo - Definitions. Eligibility. Kindred prohibited from entering into civil union. Persons authorized to join persons in a civil union. Penalty for unauthorized joining of persons in a civil union. Failure or refusal to join persons in a civil union. License; period of validity; penalty for solemnization without license; validity of civil union ceremony. Application for license. Issuance of license to person under conservatorship. Issuance of license to minor prohibited. Civil union certificate; affidavit in lieu of certificate. Evidentiary weight of certificate or affidavit. Validity of civil union celebrated in foreign country. Equality of benefits, protections and responsibilities. Applicability of statutes to civil unions, civil union status and parties to a civil union.
- Section 46b-38pp - Applicability of estate tax, gift tax and income tax to parties to a civil union.
- Section 46b-38qq - Merger of civil union into marriage by action of the parties.
- Section 46b-38rr - Merger of civil union into marriage by default. Exception.
- Section 46b-38ss - Savings clause.
- Section 46b-38tt - Dissolution, annulment or legal separation of civil union performed in foreign jurisdiction. Enforcement or modification of foreign matrimonial judgment.
- Section 46b-39 - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.