2015 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 12 - Taxation
Chapter 228b - Controlling Interest Transfer Tax
- Section 12-638a - Definitions.
- Section 12-638b - Tax on transfer of controlling interest in entity possessing real property. Rate of tax applied to the value of the real property.
- Section 12-638c - Filing return and payment of tax. Penalty and waiver provisions. Regulations.
- Section 12-638d - Examination of records. Deficiency assessment. Penalty. Limitation of assessment period.
- Section 12-638e - Excess payments.
- Section 12-638f - Claims for refund.
- Section 12-638g - Wilful violations. Penalties.
- Section 12-638h - Records. Examinations. Hearings. Testimony.
- Section 12-638i - Application to commissioner for hearing.
- Section 12-638j - Collection of tax. State lien against real estate as security for tax.
- Section 12-638k - Certain portion of tax collected to be remitted to town in which the real property is located.
- Section 12-638l - Additional tax imposed with that under section 12-638b when the real property conveyed is classified as open space, maritime heritage, farm or forest land at the time of transfer.
- Section 12-638m - Payment of tax imposed by section 12-638l. Classification of the land terminates automatically.
- Section 12-638n - Transfers not subject to the tax under section 12-638l.
- Section 12-638o - Filing and collection provisions related to the tax under sections 12-638l to 12-638n, inclusive.
- Section 12-638p - Certain records to be kept by any entity with respect to which a sale or transfer of controlling interest in such entity is subject to tax under this chapter.
- Section 12-639 - Reserved for future use.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.