2011 Connecticut Code
Title 52 Civil Actions
Chapter 916 Injunctions
Sec. 52-472. Bond on issue of temporary injunction.

      Sec. 52-472. Bond on issue of temporary injunction. No temporary injunction may be granted, except in favor of the state or of a public officer thereof in respect to any matter of a public nature, until the party making application therefor gives bond, with surety satisfactory to the court or judge granting the injunction, to the opposite party, to answer all damages in case the plaintiff fails to prosecute the action in which the injunction is applied for to effect; provided a bond need not be required when, for good cause shown, the court or a judge is of the opinion that a temporary injunction ought to issue without bond.

      (1949 Rev., S. 8208; P.A. 82-160, S. 173.)

      History: P.A. 82-160 rephrased the section.

      Penalty rests in discretion of judge. 38 C. 123. Ex parte injunctions without bond disapproved. 77 C. 402. Only actual damages recoverable; 83 C. 418; 82 C. 153; not both damages and penalty. 79 C. 670. When bond is satisfied, or may be cancelled. 81 C. 715. Meaning of "prosecute the action to effect". Id., 719. Court concluded that board of arbitration had not exceeded its authority under Sec. 7-472 and had made its services available to proper parties. 171 C. 420. Cited. 186 C. 725. Cited. 189 C. 539. Cited. 191 C. 201.

      Cited. 29 CA 105.

      It is not customary for the court to require bond on injunctions in aid of attachment of corporate stock. 6 CS 37. Cited. 11 CS 411; 12 CS 174. Requires surety bond, satisfactory to court, be posted to indemnify party seeking injunction for any breach by enjoined party. 29 CS 66. Cited. 42 CS 460.

      Cited. 6 Conn. Cir. Ct. 105.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.