2019 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 3 - Special Educational Programs
Chapter 48 - Alternative Learning Environments
§ 6-48-102. Alternative Learning Environment Required - Reporting
(1) A school district shall provide one (1) or more alternative learning environments for all students who meet the minimum criteria established by the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education.
(2) A school district complies with this section if the school district provides an alternative learning environment by one (1) or more of the following methods:
(A) Establishes and operates an alternative learning environment;
(B) Cooperates with one (1) or more other school districts to establish and operate an alternative learning environment;
(C) Uses an alternative learning environment operated by an education service cooperative established under The Education Service Cooperative Act of 1985, § 6-13-1001 et seq.; or
(D) Partners with a state-supported institution of higher education and technical institutes to provide concurrent courses or technical education options for academic learning to students in grades eight through twelve (8-12).
(b) Annually, a school district shall submit to the division:
(1) Information on race and gender of the students educated in the alternative learning environment;
(2) Any other information regarding students educated in alternative learning environments that the division requires by rule; and
(3) An assurance statement that the school district is in compliance with this chapter.