2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 3 - Special Educational Programs
Chapter 48 - Alternative Learning Environments
§ 6-48-102. Alternative learning environment required -- Reporting
- (1) A school district shall provide one (1) or more alternative learning environments for all students who meet the minimum criteria established by the Department of Education.
- (2) A school district complies with this section if the school district provides an alternative learning environment by one (1) or more of the following methods:
- (A) Establishes and operates an alternative learning environment;
- (B) Cooperates with one (1) or more other school districts to establish and operate an alternative learning environment;
- (C) Uses an alternative learning environment operated by an education service cooperative established under The Education Service Cooperative Act of 1985, § 6-13-1001 et seq.; or
- (D) Partners with a state-supported institution of higher education and technical institutes to provide concurrent courses or technical education options for academic learning to students in grades eight through twelve (8-12).
- (b) Annually, a school district shall submit to the department:
- (1) Information on race and gender of the students educated in the alternative learning environment;
- (2) Any other information regarding students educated in alternative learning environments that the department requires by rule; and
- (3) An assurance statement that the school district is in compliance with this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.